NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exporting Jtable to CSV(Excel) with HEADER help needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aloksharma2k27

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Exporting Jtable to CSV(Excel) with HEADER help needed Reply with quote

hi here is my problem, i have successfully imported my jtable data to excel by writing a .csv file but now the problem is i cant see any cell header(or any info like column name as in JTable) thus its all in-vain because whatever i do i cannot get header info to csv an the problem is i dont know much about csv files too....
areeda

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question. How are you exporting your JTable data to a csv file?

I think what you want to do is to use JTable.getColumnModel() (See http://download-llnw.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/swing/JTable.html) then iterate through the columns and get the Column Headers.

Writing out the column names as a row before the first data row will produce an Excel table that is close.

Joe
aloksharma2k27

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k thanks for your reply so i just have to put the column names first, well that will work for now but i was thinking of some solution which can create a full formatted excel sheet.....but that will do.

Thanks.
yhoppe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Exporting Jtable to CSV(Excel) with HEADER help needed Reply with quote

Hi,

i would suggest you use a csv framework for this case. Because csv also needs to get encoded etc.. There are many java frameworks out there for this.

In my experience SuperCSV (supercsv.sourceforge.net) is the simplest to use. For real excel sheets, you could use Apache poi ( http://poi.apache.org/). CSV is just a "simple" format to exchange data - for formatting etc. you have to use something other.

Yves

On 30.08.2010 04:01, aloksharma2k27 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
for your reply so i just have to put the column names first, well that will work for now but i was thinking of some solution which can create a full formatted excel sheet.....but that will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: