NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

At my wit's end (debugging a Rails 3.0/Ruby 1.9.2 app)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djlewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: latest nightly works Reply with quote

corck wrote:
Hi,
just want to give an update. I downloaded the latest nightly, and I can use the debugger now.

Christoph

Not me. Downloaded the nightly on 9/29 (NetBeans IDE Build 201009291311) and it is "usable", but I still see the problem where breakpoints in one file actually display at the correct line but in a different source file (and a different file for each breakpoint)

Also, there are still problems with "find usages" and "refactor" -- they often pick up an enclosing block instead of the highlighted symbol.
kwolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Still having issues. Reply with quote

I'm still seeing this even with 7.0 M2. Any updates?

rvm 1.0.21
rails 3.0.1
ruby 1.9.2

Code:

Fast Debugger (ruby-debug-ide 0.4.14, ruby-debug-base 0.11.25.jb) listens on 127.0.0.1:44297
        /home/kwolf/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p0@scanner/gems/ruby-debug-ide-0.4.14/lib/ruby-debug-ide.rb:125:in `debug_load'
        /home/kwolf/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p0@scanner/gems/ruby-debug-ide-0.4.14/lib/ruby-debug-ide.rb:125:in `debug_program'
        /home/kwolf/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p0@scanner/gems/ruby-debug-ide-0.4.14/bin/rdebug-ide:87:in `<top (required)>'
        /home/kwolf/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p0@scanner/bin/rdebug-ide:19:in `load'
        /home/kwolf/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p0@scanner/bin/rdebug-ide:19:in `<main>'
Uncaught exception: no such file to load -- script/rails
iioiooioo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adjusted baldmark's code to work on windows, too. Breakpoints are functional, for me.

Code:
if Debugger::PROG_SCRIPT == 'script/rails' || Debugger::PROG_SCRIPT == 'script\\rails'
  ps = Dir.pwd.chomp+'/script/rails'
else
  ps = Debugger::PROG_SCRIPT
end
bt = debug_load(ps, options.stop, options.load_mode)
indancesky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When viewing the gems in the platform I've got the project set to, I do see all the appropriate gems including Rails 3.0.0. I also tried using Ruby 1.9.1 on the off chance that maybe NB didn't recognize 1.9.2 as 1.9, but that didn't make a difference.

Rc Helicopters Reviews|Rc Helicopter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Ruby Users All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: