NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Celebrating 10 Years of NetBeans - Share a Story
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wen1900

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Celebrating 10 Years of NetBeans - Share a Story Reply with quote

As part of the celebrations next week for NetBeans' 10th Anniversary, the NetBeans team would like to hear from all of you about how NetBeans has been a part of your life. This could be something short like "I learned to write code using NetBeans", longer like "NetBeans cut development time for my project because...", or something unrelated like "I met that special someone at a NetBeans session/meetup" Very Happy

Or if you don't want to share something personal- a quick post about your favorite feature/version/contributor is appropriate as well!
marcelocastellani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Why NetBeans? Reply with quote

I work in desktop applications development, using Swing. Is painful to develop advanced layouts only with code, and NetBeans make my life easier with Matisse.

By the way, NetBeans is, today, my favorite IDE for C too. I'm now a NetBeans addicted. Tks NetBeans, and happy birthday.
saloni.itbhu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a student at IT-BHU and have been using Netbeans since the last 2 yrs for all my academic java based projects and i must say..Netbeans Roxxx!!!!
Happy Birthday netbeans Smile
jogiware

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the new and better php editor functions of NB 6.5!
And even for programming Java NB is cool Twisted Evil
Happy Börthday
ajay.gautam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Happy Birthday NetBeans Reply with quote

I am using the Netbeans IDE from 2+ years and it is simply wowwwww. I like the GUI creation in NetBeans the most. Happy BirthDay Netbeans. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: I love NetBeans Reply with quote

I love NetBeans, but I think it should more stable, and less issues....
Very Happy
nightfox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NetBeans is the IDE to go! No need to configure hardcore stuffs! I guess, it would be much better if it'll use less resources. Smile
nightfox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NetBeans is the IDE to go! No need to configure hardcore stuffs! I guess, it would be much better if it'll use less resources. Smile
javier_scappini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy to have in hand such a useful tool... I've worked with other tools before found out Netbeans, and no other give me so complex tools with a so easy "way-to-use"...
Netbeans is the tool that really helps you out... There is no other... Smile
nitin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY NETBEANS Reply with quote

happy birthday to you....happy birth day to you...
may god bless to netbeans ...happy birthday to you.....

i guess it's beean around five years since i've been using netbeans
i've learnt a lot of things...
and netbeans has really helped....me in making bigger and complex programs or softwares easy

i really love it
netbeans rocks
hip hip hurray
abhishekgirish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Happy Birthday NetBeans!!! Reply with quote

I am so used to Netbeans, that i am scared, i cannot do things without it. Its not just me, Lot of people have the same feeling. Its so great to see so amny contributors. I love the forums. I get almost everything i want being discussed.
JasonLaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to NetBeans! I'm really new to the IDE in fact Java altogether but I'm learning it in gr 12 at my school, netbeans is real easy to use, I love the interface and everything, I hope to be using it more in the future since i want to go into programming! Happy 10th birthday!!! Very Happy
ruzette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been Using Netbeans for almost 2 years now. Great for GUI Building! Hoping that Netbeans continues to grow. Smile

Perhaps 10 years from, Netbeans will be the only IDE that people will be using.. Razz
Pashimito

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello World!

Does anybody remember project Xelfi?

Unfortunately I did not used it.

My adventure with Java (and NetBeans) started with NB 4.0.
It allowed me to build more complicated, robust applications quicker.

I having used NetBeans for the courses I had taken from javapassion.com.

Then, it was NB5 with Matisse, great for prototyping. Then there was 6.0 with many enhancements
(like Ruby/JRuby support). With each new version of NetBeans I was getting more and more
confident about Java, I even be a member of NetCAT 6.0 - a team of testers.

I am looking forward to NB 6.5. I am especially interested in Groovy support.

Best wishes to everyone involved in the Project!

Regards,

Stan
vasudha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am Vasudha, a student of MIT, Manipal and I started using NetBeans pretty recently. I already love it as it becomes so easy to run all my Java programs with it. Also I like Swing alot as it reduces so much of cumbersome code....
Happy Bday NetBeans!!!!!...... Cheers..... Razz Laughing
P.S. I have also taught my little sister to use it for her school programs using C++ and she loves it too......
HAPPY 10!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Community Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: