NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Celebrating 10 Years: Future of NetBeans - Predictions, Wishlists, Requests
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wen1900

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Celebrating 10 Years: Future of NetBeans - Predictions, Wishlists, Requests Reply with quote

Another thread for the NetBeans 10th Anniversary celebration. Tell us what you think NetBeans will be like in the future. Predictions could be your wildest thoughts, requests for practical features, or anything else that you can think of! Be creative!
saloni.itbhu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Future f Netbeans..brighter then bill gates!! :P Reply with quote

ha ha ha..the subject line is just a metaphorical way of saying that the future of netbeans is going to be gr8!! Its the coolest Java IDE available with so many plugins available!! Its so helpful and addictive..I think its gonna go far and wide!!
All the best netbeans..way to go!! Smile
jogiware

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Would a wizard to add a new programming language to the editor realistic Reply with quote

I like the improved ways to add a new programming language to NB.
It improves from version to version, and maybe some day I will be also successfull able to complete my task to add a new programming language for syntax highlighting and a first project template.
But some wizzard way to add the syntax and vocabulary would be realy great! Until then I will fight a little with NB about it Wink
ajay.gautam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since its the 10th birthday of Netbeans not 1st or 2nd so it shows the success of the NetBeans. there are many reasons for a bright future for Netbeans and one of them is that it is Open Source (some part is under CCDL and rest is under GPL, LGPL). All the very best for NetBeans and Congrats to its Developers.
abhishekgirish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Future of NetBeans? Reply with quote

NetBeans has a long way to go still. Super inteligent Intellisense would b a part of it. I guess New Programming language support, excelent speed & efficiency .. etc...
marcelocastellani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: For future? Reply with quote

Woah... for future in NetBeans I wish to see an JavaFX powerfull creator, or some like the Matisse, for JavaFX...

Plus, NetBeans is a little bit "fat"... okay, I'm running Windows Vista and this s**t eats all of my machine resources, but NetBeans sometimes get slowwwwwwwww..... go to spa and return a little bit lean..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: JBoss Seam support Reply with quote

Currently, I use NetBeans to develop applications based JBoss Seam Framework. But, there is still no full support for this. Althrough JBoss Tool is able to do this, I like NetBeans IDE more. If there are some project wizards to do this, I think it will simplize JBoss Seam apps' development with NetBeans IDE!
meetprits

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: future!!! Reply with quote

well saying about the future is something which no one can predict....
but seeing the popularity and the great usage of the net beans i think this thing will bring about a revolution in the history of different software development methodologies...............
keep the good work on...
may god bless all...........
Pashimito

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello World!

I think it would be great to work with NetBeans within the MPK20:
http://research.sun.com/projects/mc/mpk20.html

Can you imagine this?

No need to commute to work Smile
No need to get up early Smile

Just connect to your company's server and you can code with your friends!

It would be great also for people with disabilities.
They could not only work at home, but also arrange their wirtual workplace as they like (eg set bigger icons or use some voice recognition software in order to make their work easier).

Regards,

Stan Styszynski
frede.sch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about the future is very difficult, even more so is it provides. But what we can predict is that the NetBeans IDE will continue to be popular worldwide, will continue developing and bringing more people to our community!
serge.rehem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: NetBeans in the future: Full ZK Integration Reply with quote

I hope in near future that NetBeans will have full ZK (zkoss.org), a highly easy, simple and productive web and mobile framework. Ajax with no JavaScript using NetBeans!!!

Cheers!
finger.k4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that NetBeans will finally be able to use the Google Android platform for creating mobile applications.
Other than that and reading thoughts and producing code from them...I would say I'm satisfied Wink

I sure hope that it will continue with the same successful pace as till now.
shabaz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it Open source.
I will be more than happy to see it developing more faster.
Porronfijo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neatbeans is the future!

Is the best Java IDE!!!

Happy Birthday Netbeans
giorgio42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dream of a scalable, superfast, unbreakable NetBeans that beats the competition out of the water,

a NetBeans that makes it easier to create data-oriented desktop applications than even Delphi or VisualBasic (we are not there by a long way),

a NetBeans, that gets support and endorsement from the big guys like SAP, Oracle, Adobe,

a NetBeans, that allows one "to live" inside the IDE (never leave it whatever you do, like emacs used to be),

a NetBeans with more books on the shelf than Eclipse and Visual Studio combined,

a NetBeans team never short of resources, ideas, enthusiasm, sleep and beer Smile

Cheers,
Georg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Community Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: