NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6.9 no command line arguments with Debugger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ewak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: 6.9 no command line arguments with Debugger Reply with quote

I am using Netbeans 6.9 C++. When I put in command-line arguments and then try to debug, it is as if no command-line arguments are there. It works when I run it, but not when I use the debugger. Does anyone know the solution?

In 6.8 there is no issue, only in 6.9, however I am required to use 6.9 for what I am working on.

Thanks!
soldatov

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange if debugger arguments worked in NetBeans 6.8. In gdb 7.2 some command is deprecated and original NetBeans 6.9 has a described problem (https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=190919). If you uses NetBeans from http://www.netbeans.org, then IDE should inform you about this fix.
krishna_4all

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: command line argumens using netbeans with gdb version 7.1 is fixed instead 7.2 Reply with quote

I am using the ubuntu10.10. I am also using the netbeans 6.9. I got the same problem of command line arguments are not showing in debug mode using netbeans. The problem was fixed by uninstalling the gdb7.2 and installing the gdb7.1. worked well for me. Laughing
carl24k

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have ubuntu 10.10, netbeans 6.9, gdb 7.2 and the same problem. But I am a netbeans newbie and not quite sure how to install gdb 7.1; I can uninstall gdb 7.2 using synaptic, but can you give me a hint on how to install gdb 7.1? many thanks.
soldatov

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl24k wrote:
I also have ubuntu 10.10, netbeans 6.9, gdb 7.2 and the same problem. But I am a netbeans newbie and not quite sure how to install gdb 7.1; I can uninstall gdb 7.2 using synaptic, but can you give me a hint on how to install gdb 7.1? many thanks.

I think you need:
- Push Tools|Plugins menu item
- Activate Settings tab
- Switch on "NetBeans" repository
- Press Reload button in Updates tab
- Install all updates
carl24k

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That worked. Just to be clear in case anyone else reads this: DON'T uninstall gdb. DO update NetBeans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> C/C++ Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: