NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C/C++; setting up MinGW and MSYS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zorphon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: C/C++; setting up MinGW and MSYS Reply with quote

Posted this in the general NetBeans Users forum but I saw this and thought it would be more appropriate here, so here goes:

I clearly set them up wrong, because I get this when I try to build the Welcome_1 sample project within NetBeans:
Code:

"/usr/bin/make" -f nbproject/Makefile-Debug.mk QMAKE= SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Users/bl/Documents/NetBeansProjects/Welcome_1'
"/usr/bin/make"  -f nbproject/Makefile-Debug.mk dist/Debug/MinGW-Windows/welcome_1.exe
make[2]: Entering directory `/c/Users/bl/Documents/NetBeansProjects/Welcome_1'
make[2]: mkdir: Command not found
make[2]: *** [build/Debug/MinGW-Windows/welcome.o] Error 127
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2
mkdir -p build/Debug/MinGW-Windows
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/bl/Documents/NetBeansProjects/Welcome_1'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/bl/Documents/NetBeansProjects/Welcome_1'

BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 1s)

What does this mean, and how do I fix it?
gaich

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MinGW has a subdirectory msys\1.0\bin with unix-fashion tools. Add this path to your PATH variable and mkdir should be found.
zorphon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaich wrote:
MinGW has a subdirectory msys\1.0\bin with unix-fashion tools. Add this path to your PATH variable and mkdir should be found.

I had that in my PATH environmental variable. The only way it works though is when I remove all dependencies, so it doesn't depend on any .dll's anymore. Will this hurt me in the future?
gaich

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the dependencies you have to remove ?
Rommeliser

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Set Path in windows 7 - Had same problem Reply with quote

Had the same problem, couldn't find the mkdir command on build. Solution is to set the PATH variable. Right click on MY COMPUTER,Click Properties,Highlight the PATH variable in the lower box,press edit,arrow to the end of the line and insert a semicolon then add H:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\ . For some reason it did not work on my machine until I added the final " \ " . Now it works. I think my problem was also related to using a quad boot system, booting windows 7 from the H drive. PS dont delete any info from the PATH variable, otherwise other programs may not work !(Press cancel if you do accidentally). Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> C/C++ Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: