NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NetBeans 7.0.1 + Maven CoS without DoS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slmt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: NetBeans 7.0.1 + Maven CoS without DoS Reply with quote

I have a Maven-based EAR project (created via New Project > Maven > Enterprise Application) that I deploy to GlassFish 3.1. I'm not using 3.1.1 because the latest stable JRebel is currently incompatible with it. In NetBeans 7.0, the Compile on Save project-level setting did just that - saving triggered a compile. This allowed JRebel to do it's thing. In NetBeans 7.0.1, saving a file now causes the whole damn thing to be redeployed. Not only does this render JRebel completely useless, it also triggers the GlassFish pre-3.1.1 OutOfMemoryError that occurs after a number of hot redeploys.

Is there any way of allowing compile on save without deploy on save in NetBeans 7.0.1 with a Maven EAR project?
dkonecny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: issue 201466 Reply with quote

I can confirm the problem. Not sure how it happened but it does look like a regression. It must be a pain. Sorry about that.
http://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=201466
slmt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David. I'm back to using NetBeans 7.0 with its broken JSF autocomplete and CTRL-click navigation. It's the lesser of two evils. I did try updating just the JSF functionality, but because of all the dependencies that had to get updated too, I was left with the undesirable 7.0.1 behaviour.

Good to see this has been recognised as a regression and is getting some attention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: