NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UNABLE to config JBoss in NetBeans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pac0809

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: UNABLE to config JBoss in NetBeans Reply with quote

I got an issue configuring JBoss with NetBeans IDE, the server does not start and sends this message (Anyone in the same situation??)

In Win7 on console I got no issues even with jboss-seam-2.2.2.Final ... I modify the file build.properties in console works also FINE but I want to use NetBeans IDE, and server does not start... when I try it in NetBeans I MUST shutdown.bat the JBoss then service.bat (to unistall service) and works AGAIN in cmd BUT... does ANYONE KNOWS how to "ADD SERVER" properly in NetBeans?? I have read ... Java EE 6 Development with NetBeans 7 by David Hefellfinger also the JBoss Seam 2.2.2.Final Reference (this last one DOES not say anything about working with NetBeans) .. ANY HELP

[NetBeans Output]

Calling C:\jboss-6.1.0.Final\bin\run.conf.bat

===============================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: C:\jboss-6.1.0.Final

JAVA: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin\java

JAVA_OPTS: -Dprogram.name=run.bat -Dlogging.configuration=file:logging.properties -Xms128m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -server

CLASSPATH: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\lib\tools.jar;C:\jboss-6.1.0.Final\bin\run.jar

===============================================================================

Unable to read the logging configuration from 'file:logging.properties' (java.io.FileNotFoundException: logging.properties (The system cannot find the file specified))
wargun02

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Solving: JBoss 6 on Netbeans (Unable to read the logging configuration) Reply with quote

Hi,

I was checking on this forum about the same problem that I'd encountered as well. Even though its a little delayed, but I might as well post how I managed to solve this so that others could benefit as well.

To get Netbeans working with JBoss 6 on the logging.properties, I'm running on Windows

1) Just edit the run.bat file in your JBoss 6 "\bin" directory
2) Look for the line with:

set JAVA_OPTS=-Dprogram.name=%PROGNAME% -Dlogging.configuration=file:%DIRNAME%logging.properties %JAVA_OPTS%

3) Just replace the %DIRNAME% with your installed JBoss 6 location plus the \bin directory. The line should look something like this:

set JAVA_OPTS=-Dprogram.name=%PROGNAME% -Dlogging.configuration=file:""C:\Java\jboss-6.1.0-final\bin\logging.properties" %JAVA_OPTS%

You can add the double quote " if the directory name has space.

As for Unix/Linux, I don't have an environment to test, but you might need to change the run.sh file in the JBoss bin directory and look for the line:

JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS:+$JAVA_OPTS -Dlogging.configuration=file:${DIRNAME}/logging.properties}"

Just replace the ${DIRNAME} to the absolute Jboss bin directory and you should be fine (just guessing)...

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Java EE Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: