NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gitignore

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReggieB

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: gitignore Reply with quote

It appears that NetBeans 7.1.2 with git add in is modifying the root .ignore when creating a new project with existing code.

I've found a better strategy is to add a .gitignore file to the nbproject folder with this content:

<rails_root>/nbproject/.gitignore
Code:
*.*
**/*.*

Thereby the netbeans project folder and the ignore file itself is ignored by git and my use of Netbeans has no impact on other develops. (The root .ignore is usually tracked)

Last edited by ReggieB on Fri May 18, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Thomas E Enebo
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: gitignore Reply with quote

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 4:39 AM, ReggieB <address-removed> wrote:
Quote:

It appears that NetBeans 7.1.2 with git add in is modifying the root .ignore when creating a new project with existing code.

I've found a better strategy is to add a .ignore file to the nbproject folder with this content:

<rails_root>/nbproject/.ignore

Code:
*.*
**/*.*

Thereby the netbeans project folder and the ignore file itself is ignored by git and my use of Netbeans has no impact on other develops. (The root .ignore is usually tracked)
[/code]

You may want to broach this on a more general (or if there is a
specific forum for git or version-control). Ruby/Rails support is not
creating this .gitignore file. Seems like it could be a more generic
strategy beyonds a Rails project?

-Tom

--
blog: http://blog.enebo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Ruby Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: