NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Tutorial about Does and Dont's of Actions in Netbeans 7.x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klaus Martinschitz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: New Tutorial about Does and Dont's of Actions in Netbeans 7.x Reply with quote

Hello,

does anyone know if there is a good tutorial out there about the usage of Actions in Netbeans. For so long I used SystemAction, CookieAction, NodeAction etc. As we al may know, these type of usage has been, not yet deprecated, but is not recommended anymore. I know that I can use ActionLister and Action to create my own ContextSensitive actions using the annotations. However, I am a little bit confused about the correct usage. I looked into the NB source code and there many Actions are still extending CookieAction, CallbackAction etc.
What I especially want to know is the correct way to implement context sensitive Actions with icons and enabling/disabling capabilities. What would you propose? Extending SystemAction and implementing ContextAwareAction to create instances of an inner class? I am really a little bit confused about all these possibilities.
Thanks.
geertjan.wielenga
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: New Tutorial about Does and Dont's of Actions in Netbeans 7.x Reply with quote

http://netbeans.dzone.com/news/which-netbeans-platform-action

Gj

Verzonden vanaf Samsung Mobile

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------
Van: Klaus Martinschitz <address-removed>
Datum:
Aan: address-removed
Onderwerp: [platform-dev] New Tutorial about Does and Dont's of Actions in Netbeans 7.x

Hello,

does anyone know if there is a good tutorial out there about the usage of Actions in Netbeans. For so long I used SystemAction, CookieAction, NodeAction etc. As we al may know, these type of usage has been, not yet deprecated, but is not recommended anymore. I know that I can use ActionLister and Action to create my own ContextSensitive actions using the annotations. However, I am a little bit confused about the correct usage. I looked into the NB source code and there many Actions are still extending CookieAction, CallbackAction etc.
What I especially want to know is the correct way to implement context sensitive Actions with icons and enabling/disabling capabilities. What would you propose? Extending SystemAction and implementing ContextAwareAction to create instances of an inner class? I am really a little bit confused about all these possibilities.
Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Platform Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: