NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to disable autocomplete for JavaScript

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jahroy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: How to disable autocomplete for JavaScript Reply with quote

Is it possible to disable the "autocomplete quotes" feature in the JavaScript editor?

I am editing JavaScript using NetBeans 7.3 on Windows 7.

If I go to Tools -> Options -> Code Completion

and disable "Insert Closing Brackets Automatically"

It has no effect on quotes and parentheses.

(this used to work in NetBeans 7.2 - see link)

I understand that many people find this feature useful, but I do not.

It is also buggy.

For example, if you hit backspace to delete a parenthesis or quote, NetBeans does not remove the closing punctuation mark that was added automatically. This can inadvertently introduce syntax errors and/or bugs.

I would REALLY prefer to edit code without this feature, but cannot find a way to disable it.
vriha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
it seems it changes behavior of only { and } and not parentheses/brackets. Please file a bug to [1].

[1] https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=javascript
ppisl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: How to disable autocomplete for JavaScript Reply with quote

Hello,

as Vlada wrote, the mention property really affects only brackets. So we can add the option to disable autocomplete of queates and enter new issues for the cases, where the atocomplete doesn't work as expected. Could you file new issue for it here https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=javascript

Thanks for your help.
Petr
[url=https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=javascript][/url]
Quote:
Quote:
Is it possible to disable the "autocomplete quotes" feature in the JavaScript editor?

I am editing JavaScript using NetBeans 7.3

It is also buggy.

For example, if you hit backspace to delete a parenthesis or quote, NetBeans does not remove the closing punctuation mark that was added automatically.

I would prefer to edit code without this feature, but cannot find a way to disable it.

Note to the NetBeans team: Not everybody wants the IDE to hold their hand in every situation.

ppisl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: How to disable autocomplete for JavaScript Reply with quote

I have entered new issue for introducing the option:
https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=229147

Petr

Quote:
Hello,

as Vlada wrote, the mention property really affects only brackets. So we can add the option to disable autocomplete of queates and enter new issues for the cases, where the atocomplete doesn't work as expected. Could you file new issue for it here https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=javascript

Thanks for your help.
Petr

Quote:
Quote:

I am editing JavaScript using NetBeans 7.3

It is also buggy.

For example, if you hit backspace to delete a parenthesis or quote, NetBeans does not remove the closing punctuation mark that was added automatically.

I would prefer to edit code without this feature, but cannot find a way to disable it.

Note to the NetBeans team: Not everybody wants the IDE to hold their hand in every situation.

abbymm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to disable the "autocomplete quotes" feature in the JavaScript editor by changing subcomponent to code completion.
pawanzz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Autocorrect Reply with quote

You can implement code along the following lines To turn off autocorrect:

<input type="text" name="some_name" autocorrect="off"></input>
jahroy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abbymm wrote:
It is possible to disable the "autocomplete quotes" feature in the JavaScript editor by changing subcomponent to code completion.

Sill no progress on this?

I'm back to using NetBeans 7.3 (now writing lots of jQuery code) and the amount of syntax errors this feature introduces is getting unbearable.

Unless you have a very un-natural way of writing code, the quote auto-complete feature constantly inserts quotes where and when they're not wanted.

I don't understand how this features is not capable of being disabled.... It is driving me crazy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Web Client Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: