NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with relocating / upgrading svn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomas.schmidt

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Problems with relocating / upgrading svn Reply with quote

I have my code in a SVN repository at SourceForge. Earlier this year, SourceForge migrated the code to a different URL. I am now having problems commiting code. When I do a commit, I get the error message:

Code:
org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: E165001: Commit failed (details follow):
E165001: Commit blocked by start-commit hook (exit code 1) with output:

This repository has moved to a new location.  This project was upgraded to the new SourceForge platform, so a one-time move of this repo was performed.  There are instructions for switching to the new location below.  You can no longer commit to the repo at this location.

Please update your configuration with the following command:

svn relocate "svn+ssh://USERNAME@svn.code.sf.net/p/jexmaralda/code/"

When I follow the instructions (choosing Team > Subversion > Relocate...), I get the following message:

Code:
org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: E195009: The repository at 'svn+ssh://USERNAME@svn.code.sf.net/p/jexmaralda/code' has uuid 'da320ba6-c5e7-49eb-ba69-4cb63d2a807e', but the WC has '270da3d0-eb4b-0410-bb04-ea412f94095d'

You are probably trying to relocate to a wrong repository. Your working copy has been created from a different one.
Check the URL again.

I read and reread lots of pages explaining what to do in this case (e.g. http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/community-docs/SVN%20and%20project%20upgrades/), but I haven't managed to solve the problem. Most advice is about running svn from the command line. However, I cannot find a command line binary on my system (Windows 7, using NetBeans 7.3 with SvnKit as a SVN client). I am aware I could install a command line client, but I am afraid that I will break my SVN in NetBeans when I do not use the client which - somehow - must already be there. Can somebody give me a hint on how to proceed?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thomas
barcode

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, although I can not help you check the code, but I can recommend some forums for you. The members there are more active, such as codegugu.
Ondrej Vrabec
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Problems with relocating / upgrading svn Reply with quote

If you do not have a lot of local modifications i suggest doing a fresh
new checkout from the new URL and apply your modifications again.
Easiest and probably the fastest solution.

O.

On 05/13/2013 09:45 AM, thomas.schmidt wrote:
Quote:
I have my code in a SVN repository at SourceForge. Earlier this year, SourceForge migrated the code to a different URL. I am now having problems commiting code. When I do a commit, I get the error message:

Code:
org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: E165001: Commit failed (details follow):
E165001: Commit blocked by start-commit hook (exit code 1) with output:

This repository has moved to a new location. This project was upgraded to the new SourceForge platform, so a one-time move of this repo was performed. There are instructions for switching to the new location below. You can no longer commit to the repo at this location.

Please update your configuration with the following command:

svn relocate "svn+ssh://address-removed/p/jexmaralda/code/"

When I follow the instructions (choosing Team > Subversion > Relocate...), I get the following message:

Code:
org.apache.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: E195009: The repository at 'svn+ssh://address-removed/p/jexmaralda/code' has uuid 'da320ba6-c5e7-49eb-ba69-4cb63d2a807e', but the WC has '270da3d0-eb4b-0410-bb04-ea412f94095d'

You are probably trying to relocate to a wrong repository. Your working copy has been created from a different one.
Check the URL again.

I read and reread lots of pages explaining what to do in this case (e.g. http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/community-docs/SVN%20and%20project%20upgrades/), but I haven't managed to solve the problem. Most advice is about running svn from the command line. However, I cannot find a command line binary on my system (Windows 7, using NetBeans 7.3 with SvnKit as a SVN client). I am aware I could install a command line client, but I am afraid that I will break my SVN in NetBeans when I do not use the client which - somehow - must already be there. Can somebody give me a hint on how to proceed?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thomas

Wade Chandler
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Problems with relocating / upgrading svn Reply with quote

So go download command-line binaries and use them. This is sometimes necessary to be able to force certain commands and do certain very specific things. It usually takes me a few minutes to install them. You can even put them in your user home instead of a system-wide installation if you have to if you do not have access.
Should the IDE allow you to do most of what you can from your command line with Subversion? I think that is reasonable. Should it be able to do everything including certain edge cases? I do not believe that is the case. Certain tools handle their own better than others. I feel like this is the case here.
This is quite different than some programming language feature or a compiler option to me. Seems there is a hook in place and then it becomes an administration issue. Which puts you on the command line in a specific situation.
SourceForge help may be able to help you as well. That is the people not some help documents.
Wade
On Jun 7, 2013 7:23 AM, "barcode" <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
well, although I can not help you check the code, but I can recommend some forums for you. The members there are more active, such as codegugu.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: