NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem attaching profiler using Netbeans 7.4 + WebLogic 10.3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dylan.fun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Problem attaching profiler using Netbeans 7.4 + WebLogic 10.3 Reply with quote

I had this working with Netbeans 7.21 and JDK 1.6.0_45 in Mint Linux. I'm now trying with Netbeans 7.4 and JDK 1.7.0_45. I've gone through the exercise of instrumenting my current WebLogic startup scripts as documented, and it appears to start as expected. I see:

Profiler Agent: Initializing...
Profiler Agent: Options: >/opt/netbeans-7.4/profiler/lib,5140<
Profiler Agent: Initialized successfully
Profiler Agent: Waiting for connection on port 5140 (Protocol version: 14)

However, when I try "Profile/Attach Profiler" from the main menu, and the click the "Attach" button, the WebLogic process isn't in the "Select Process to Attach" dropdown. If Idea is running, I do see it as an attach target.

I've read the FAQs and done a lot of searching without finding a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Jiri Sedlacek
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Problem attaching profiler using Netbeans 7.4 + WebLogic 10.3 Reply with quote

Hi,

it looks like the profiler is unable to find the WebLogic process using the jvmstat API. Do you see
the WebLogic in output of the 'jps' command?

Based on the information provided, WebLogic is likely started in a user context different from
NetBeans (another user and/or as a service), which isn't supported by jvmstat. Idea is apparently
started in the same user context as NetBeans and thus is available as an attach target.

Regards,
Jiri

On 1/16/2014 4:41 PM, dylan.fun wrote:
Quote:
I had this working with Netbeans 7.21 and JDK 1.6.0_45 in Mint Linux. I've gone through the exercise of instrumenting my current WebLogic startup scripts as documented, and it appears to start as expected. I see:

Profiler Agent: Initializing...
Profiler Agent: Options: >/opt/netbeans-7.4/profiler/lib,5140<
Profiler Agent: Initialized successfully
Profiler Agent: Waiting for connection on port 5140 (Protocol version: 14)

However, when I try "Profile/Attach Profiler" from the main menu, and the click the "Attach" button, the WebLogic process isn't in the "Select Process to Attach" dropdown. If Idea is running, I do see it as an attach target.

I've read the FAQs and done a lot of searching without finding a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Profiler Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: