NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PHP and MySQL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
liamfitz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: PHP and MySQL Reply with quote

I've used the suggested connection parameters and commands as follows from web-site ( I'm on Apple iMac OS )
Code:
$link = mysqli_init();
        $host = '127.0.0.1';
        $user = 'root';
        $password = 'root';
        $database = 'inventory';
        $port = 3306;
        $socket = 'localhost:/Applications/MAMP/tmp/mysql/mysql.sock';

$success = mysqli_real_connect($link, $host, $user, $password, $database, $port, $socket);
if(mysqli_ping($success))
        {
            echo 'MySQL Server '.mysqli_get_server_info($success).' on '.mysqli_get_host_info($success);
        }

It's not opening a webpage, and doesn't seem to be working. Any help or ideas, would be appreciated. Thanks.
paolosca

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: PHP and MySQL Reply with quote

Can you increase the error level in your php configuration and post the errors you see on screen?

Regards,

Paolo

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 5:13 AM, liamfitz <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
I've used the suggested connection parameters and commands as follows from web-site ( I'm on Apple iMac OS )

Code:
$link = mysqli_init();
        $host = '127.0.0.1';
        $user = 'root';
        $password = 'root';
        $database = 'inventory';
        $port = 3306;
        $socket = 'localhost:/Applications/MAMP/tmp/mysql/mysql.sock';

$success = mysqli_real_connect($link, $host, $user, $password, $database, $port, $socket);
if(mysqli_ping($success))
        {
            echo 'MySQL Server '.mysqli_get_server_info($success).' on '.mysqli_get_host_info($success);
        }

It's not opening a webpage, and doesn't seem to be working. Any help or ideas, would be appreciated. Thanks.

liamfitz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error on web-page is as follows :

Not Found

The requested URL /PhpTest/index.php was not found on this server.
liamfitz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Found

paolosca

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: PHP and MySQL Reply with quote

That's pretty much self explanatory, the browser requested a page that doesn't exist.

You should check the configuration of your web server to make sure the www root corresponds to the project's directory.

If you have a standard apache2 setup on linux you can recreate your project inside the wwwroot directory, usually /var/www/.

I personally prefer work directly inside /var/www as it makes it a lot easier to test my projects.

In alternative you can create a new site configuration with the path to your folder (i.e. /home/user/NetBeansProjects/PhpTest/, but you may encounter permission problems as the user's home directory is usually not accessible by the apache server user.

Regards,

Paolo.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 5:39 AM, liamfitz <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:

Not Found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> PHP Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: