NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Build failing in NetBeans, succeeds from commandline

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailing_Nut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Build failing in NetBeans, succeeds from commandline Reply with quote

Hi all!

I have a VERY perplexing problem and I'm out of ideas as to what to investigate as the cause of my problem.

I have a project that builds successfully from the commandline but fails to build within NetBeans.

I verified that the commandline options being passed to the compiler are exactly the same for both the commandline compile and the NetBeans compile.

Here is the error that I am getting:

Code:
../services/inc/logging.h: In static member function 'static const char* _LogCategoryWrapper<T>::name()':
<command-line>:0:21: error: 'comm' was not declared in this scope
../services/inc/logging.h:263:16: note: in expansion of macro 'LOG_MODULE_CATEGORY'
         return LOG_MODULE_CATEGORY;
                ^

FYI the tool chain is the arm-none-eabi chain.

I'm baffled as to why there wild be different results with the same commandline being passed to arm-none-eabi-gcc,exe

Any help or pointers on what to look at next would be GREATLY appreciated!
Alexander Simon
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Build failing in NetBeans, succeeds from commandline Reply with quote

Hi Sailing_Nut,

IDE modified environment variables and binary/library search paths.
It can influence on building.
You can switch off it by:
- in NetBeans 8.2 tool collection has a property to control paths on build and run project. By default IDE prepends tool collection path to paths.
- switch off build analyser (it modifies tool collection, pats and environment variables).

Alexander

27.01.2017 00:02, Sailing_Nut wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Hi all!

I have a VERY perplexing problem and I'm out of ideas as to what to investigate as the cause of my problem.

I have a project that builds successfully from the commandline but fails to build within NetBeans.

I verified that the commandline options being passed to the compiler are exactly the same for both the commandline compile and the NetBeans compile.

Code:
../services/inc/logging.h: In static member function 'static const char* _LogCategoryWrapper<T>::name()':
../services/inc/logging.h:263:16: note: in expansion of macro 'LOG_MODULE_CATEGORY'
^

I'm baffled as to why there wild be different results with the same commandline being passed to arm-none-eabi-gcc,exe

Ilia Gromov
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Build failing in NetBeans, succeeds from commandline Reply with quote

Addition to Alexander's answer:

http://wiki.netbeans.org/NewAndNoteworthyNB82#Modifying_a_PATH_var:_prepending_or_appending_a_toolchain_path
The link shows how to change "Modify Tool Collection Path" property.

Thanks,
Ilia Gromov

On 01/27/2017 09:09 AM, Alexander Simon wrote:

Quote:
Hi Sailing_Nut,

IDE modified environment variables and binary/library search paths.
It can influence on building.
You can switch off it by:
- in NetBeans 8.2 tool collection has a property to control paths on build and run project. By default IDE prepends tool collection path to paths.
- switch off build analyser (it modifies tool collection, pats and environment variables).

Alexander

27.01.2017 00:02, Sailing_Nut wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Hi all!

Code:
^

Sailing_Nut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both Alexander and Ilia for the suggestions

Unfortunately that did not solve the issue. Sad

I also poked through the rest of the build parameters and did not see anything else that looked promising to me.
Sailing_Nut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: SOLVED! Reply with quote

In my rush to a solution, I missed disabling the build analyser and that appears to have been the magic bullet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> C/C++ Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: