NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List of questions :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LukaCoder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: List of questions :) Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I see that many of my questions have no reply, probabply - I suppose - because there are no quick solutions for those.

I'd like to summarize these questions because i think that they might be useful for any developer ( as I am ) who every day has to write doven lines of code Smile

If you think that some of these could be implemented in next releases of NB, I 'd like to know how to open this kind of tkt!

1) Expand search & refactoring
Sometimes, it could be useful to rename a variable within a specific scope, such as a loop or a function; this funcionality should permit to select a variable, expand incrementally the occurrences, and let the user to RENAME every occurrence of this variable on the fly.

2) GIT: avoid to stage new files automatically
NB add git files automatically, but I think that it might be useful to have an option to disable this feature, and let the user to add those files manually later.

3) Reformat Issue in PHP+HTML Files

Every time I have a file with PHP and HTML together ( as for the Zend Framework Template ), the "reformat" cannot be used, because NB is not able to do this in the right way.
Apparently, it is not possible to enable "Reformat on Save" depending on the type of the file ( only PHP files )

4) Automatic "use" of Namespace

Today every programmer does an intensive use of namespaces; in phpStorm you can type the name of the Class and, when you type Enter, the
USE \Bla\Bla\Class
will be automatically added at the beginning of the file, so that the code is much more easy to read.

5) Refactoring
In general, refactoring does not work in NB,; it might be useful an improvement of this area, considering the latest modern Test Driven Development techniques.

Thanks in advance, and Netbeans forever!!!

Very Happy
paolosca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: List of questions :) Reply with quote

Hi Luca,

Quote:
1) Expand search & refactoring
Sometimes, it could be useful to rename a variable within a specific scope, such as a loop or a function; this funcionality should permit to select a variable,  expand incrementally the occurrences, and let the user to RENAME every occurrence of this variable on the fly.

If you need to rename a variable in a limited scope like a function, you can use Edit->Replace. First you select the whole function, then you press CTRL+H, the replace function will run only on the selected lines.   

For the rest I suggest you take a look at Netbeans Bugzilla [1] to see if someone already filed an enhancement request for your issues. If you find it you can vote for it and eventually add your own comments, if you don't you can file a new one. The more the votes and the higher the chances it will be done.

Have a nice day,

Paolo

[1] https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/
LukaCoder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Paolo, I have opened the tkt on bugzilla !

bye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> PHP Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: