NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web Service Client - wsimport generation & wsdl location

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stewy

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Web Service Client - wsimport generation & wsdl location Reply with quote

I have a server side REST webservice (maven project) this web service calls several SOAP/WSDL web services. I'm trying to generate the client side code for the calls to these WSDL services. This all works fine when I create the Web Service Reference by pointing at a URL for the deployed WSDL services, however, what I want to do is point at wsdls that are part of the maven project I am working in so that everything needed for building & running the service is contained in the project. I am switching the endpoint after creating the instance of the service to the actual endpoint.

The client generated by wsimport contains a reference to the wsdl that was sdetup at the time I created the Web Service Client, as the wsdlLocation, I simply want this to be something like "/META-INF/webservice.wsdl" as a wsdl file in my project instead of "http://<host>:<port>/services/webservice.wsdl?wsdl"

I cannot figure out how to do this, using Java 1.7, NetBeans IDE 7.2.1 (Build 201210100934) When I choose New --> Web Service Client -->
I have four choices to specify the wsdl:
1. Project (a wsdl in a different Netbeans project)
The wsdl I want is in my current project
2. Local File
If I use this option then the wsdlLocation becomes a hard coded path to
the wsdl on my machine
3. WSDL URL
This option gives me "http://<host>:<port>/services/webservice.wsdl?
wsdl" as wsdlLocation
4. IDE Registered - Seems to be external services published by others

How do I specify in the IDE to use a wsdl that is part of this project?

Thanks

NetBeans WebServiceClientDialog.jpg
 Description:
NB Web Service Client Screen Shot
 Filesize:  52.29 KB
 Viewed:  2459 Time(s)

NetBeans WebServiceClientDialog.jpg

stewy

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: jax-ws-catalog.xml or constructor that takes a wsdl URL Reply with quote

From a little digging these seem two ways to deal with my issue. When I get to seeing which works better in our enviroment I'll post back my experience.
Philip Anil-QBW348
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: nb7.3 takes 3-5 minutes to load Reply with quote

I was wondering why it takes so long to load (3-5 min). Perhaps it is the 'Featured Demo' on the Start page that says 'error loading content'?

Anil
Geertjan Wielenga
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: nb7.3 takes 3-5 minutes to load Reply with quote

On 05/20/2013 04:12 PM, Philip Anil-QBW348 wrote:
Quote:
I was wondering why it takes so long to load (3-5 min). Perhaps it is the 'Featured Demo' on the Start page that says 'error loading content'?

Anil

Only the first time you start it up or every time?

Gj
Philip Anil-QBW348
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: nb7.3 takes 3-5 minutes to load Reply with quote

Ok, I shut it down and restarted NB and timed it with a stopwatch - about 22 seconds.
So it is the first time it is slow.

Anil

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 9:15 AM
To: address-removed
Subject: [nbusers] Re: nb7.3 takes 3-5 minutes to load

On 05/20/2013 04:12 PM, Philip Anil-QBW348 wrote:
Quote:

Anil

Only the first time you start it up or every time?

Gj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: