NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Save user replace actions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janghou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Save user replace actions Reply with quote

Netbeans has one of the user-friendliest implementation's of the search/replace functionality I've seen.
One of the most important thing is that the dialogue stays open, and you can update a selection or change a tab and redo the same replace.

Unfortunately this is not the case with the replace function in projects. It doesn't let you update or change the selection. It would be nice if it could.

Furthermore. I would like to see a feature to save (bookmark) replace patterns and have a possibilty to assign keyboard shortcuts to it/
This would be enormously powerful because you could setup a replace that changes:
line2
line3
line4
line5
to
Code:
<li>line1</li>
<li>line2</li>
<li>line3</li>
<li>line4</li>
<li>line5</li>
(find (.+)$ : replace <li>$1</li>)
and make it accessible with one keyboard shortcut. The same for TD's or p or whatever.

Now the dropdown in the replace function is only remembered in sessions.

I raised the question in the developers group, but I'm quite new to Netbeans, so there answer that it's trivial doesn't help me much.
Filip Zamboj
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Save user replace actions Reply with quote

Hi,

thank you for your ideas. may I ask you to fill this as an enhancement
against php into issuezilla (a link below)? In that case we will always
have it in system so your request won't get lost. Please, place me into
cc field (address-removed).

Thanks a lot.
Regards,

Issuezilla HowTo: http://www.netbeans.org/community/issues.html
-------------
Filip Zamboj
Sun Microsystems

Janghou wrote:
Quote:
Netbeans has one of the user-friendliest implementation's of the search/replace functionality I've seen.

One of the most important thing is that the dialogue stays open, and you can update a selection or change a tab and redo the same replace.

Unfortunately this is not the case with the replace function in projects. It doesn't let you update or change the selection. It would be nice if it could.

Furthermore. I would like to see a feature to save (bookmark) replace patterns and have a possibilty to assign keyboard shortcuts to it/

This would be enormously powerful because you could setup a replace that changes:

line2

line3

line4

line5

to

Code:

<li>line1</li>

<li>line2</li>

<li>line3</li>

<li>line4</li>

<li>line5</li>

(find (.+)$ : replace <li>$1</li>)

and make it accessible with one keyboard shortcut. The same for TD's or p or whatever.

Now the dropdown in the replace function is only remembered in sessions.

I raised the question in the developers group, but I'm quite new to Netbeans, so there answer that it's trivial doesn't help me much.

fortruth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Save user replace actions Reply with quote

Yes, It really a good idea.
And I remember that
Janghou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue 160631 posted
Email sent to: tslota, janghou, issues@php, fortruth

@Filip
The system didn't accept your name as as username, and your cc-address was removed in your answer.
So I cc'd it to fortruth.

Hope I did OK,

Janghou
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> PHP Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: