NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

output2 and escape sequences

View previous topic :: View next topic  
like_netbeans

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: output2 and escape sequences Reply with quote

Hi all.
There is an incomprehensible situation with the output of escape sequences in netbeans 8.2 on two different systems, perhaps someone will tell what the matter is.
So, I have two identical x64 machines, the first one has latest Linux Mint installed, anoter one has latest Astra Linux. Absolutely identical distributives of Netbeans for C++ and Oracle JDK 8u121 installed at both machines. In my makefile, I use an escape sequences, for additional color indication of important compilation events. At consoles on both machines process this makefile identically, and I can see correctly colorized events at build time on both machines. And here a problem: these escape sequences are processed and output as expected in Netbeans installed at Linux Mint, but in Netbeans installed at Astra linux I see these sequences itself (like "\033[0;32m"), and color of output lines without any change.
Maybe someone can tell what could be the problem? I believe that there are not some libraries for Java, but unfortunately I'm not strong in Java: I'm a C/C++ programmer, but I like Netbeans IDE))
peteispo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: output2 and escape sequences Reply with quote

On 20/04/17 19:17, like_netbeans wrote:
Quote:
Hi all.
There is an incomprehensible situation with the output of escape sequences in netbeans 8.2 on two different systems, perhaps someone will tell what the matter is.
So, I have two identical x64 machines, the first one has latest Linux Mint installed, anoter one has latest Astra Linux. Absolutely identical distributives of Netbeans for C++ and Oracle JDK 8u121 installed at both machines. In my makefile, I use an escape sequences, for additional color indication of important compilation events. At consoles on both machines process this makefile identically, and I can see correctly colorized events at build time on both machines. And here a problem: these escape sequences are processed and output as expected in Netbeans installed at Linux Mint, but in Netbeans installed at Astra linux I see these sequences itself (like "\033[0;32m"), and color of output lines without any change.
Maybe someone can tell what could be the problem? I believe that there are not some libraries for Java, but unfortunately I'm not strong in Java: I'm a C/C++ programmer, but I like Netbeans IDE))

Seems like you need to check that the console programs are actually the same for
the two Linux distributions - possibly Mint is using one that is more
sophisticated than Astra.

Could you remote-login from one machine to the other and try running the program
from a remote connection to see if the opposite effect is happening?
like_netbeans

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solving the problem was even easier than I thought. It turned out that I did not pay attention to the makefiles. I run a build process from the console with makefile, in which the echo command was forced to output of escape sequences with "-e" option, but from netbeans I called similar makefile, in which the option -e was absent. For some reason, Astra Linux understands escape sequences only with "-e" option, although it does not matter in Linux Mint whether this option is set or not - it always correctly displays the escape sequences. After enabling that option, everything began to work correctly in netbeans at the Astra Linux, too.
Anyway, the problem is solved!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: