NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Profiler general questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alekoc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Profiler general questions Reply with quote

Hello, Dear Profiler Experts
I am trying the NB Profiler for the memory leak search, but still don't know how to do this. I read few times tutorials on NB site, but the questions are still existing. Could you answer some general questions, please?
Next are my project pictures from Profiler with my comment.
1. Why Surviving generations line has a step up when I force GC? What is happening?
2. Does it mean the memory leak if Surviving generations has a step up every time when I open JDialog and run some process? Why the heap pink area goes up every time when I do this?
3. What means if Surviving generations line has a step down during the profiling (it happens sometime)?
4. Why the heap size is 64MB on start, but about 49MB later? How JVM is assigning the heap size?
5. What is the difference between «Live Objects» and «Allocated Objects»?
6. Does it mean the memory leak if number of Allocated Objects more than number of Live Objects?
7. How can I find my code or class in case of memory leak, if memory picture shows java.lang.String class? What is the scenario to get it?
8. What is the best indicator of the memory leak in Profiler information?
9. What are the best recommendations for the memory leak searching?

surv.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.91 KB
 Viewed:  18214 Time(s)

surv.jpg

heap.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.12 KB

heap.jpg

memory.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.36 KB

memory.jpg

Tomas Hurka
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Profiler general questions Reply with quote

Hi,

On 23 Dec 2011, at 11:24, alekoc wrote:

Quote:
Hello, Dear Profiler Experts
I am trying the NB Profiler for the memory leak search, but still don't know how to do this. I read few times tutorials on NB site, but the questions are still existing. Could you answer some general questions, please?
Next are my project pictures from Profiler with my comment.
1. Why Surviving generations line has a step up when I force GC? What is happening?
2. Does it mean the memory leak if Surviving generations has a step up every time when I open JDialog and run some process? Why the heap pink area goes up every time when I do this?
3. What means if Surviving generations line has a step down during the profiling (it happens sometime)?
To understand, what does 'Surviving generation metrics' mean see the following post: <http://blogs.oracle.com/nbprofiler/entry/what_do_the_surviving_generations>. Full story about 'Uncovering Memory Leaks Using NetBeans Profiler ' is available here: http://netbeans.org/kb/articles/nb-profiler-uncoveringleaks_pt1.html

Quote:
4. Why the heap size is 64MB on start, but about 49MB later? How JVM is assigning the heap size?
It seems that garbage connector find out that it does not need so much memory and releases some of it.

Quote:
5. What is the difference between
alekoc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tomas, but why you did not finished your answers?
mobileapplover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s really very tips helpful for users, Thanks for sharing to all.
aan91

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Profiler general questions Reply with quote

Quote:
To understand, what does 'Surviving generation metrics' mean see the following post: <http://blogs.oracle.com/nbprofiler/entry/what_do_the_surviving_generations>. Full story about 'Uncovering Memory Leaks Using NetBeans Profiler ' is available here: http://netbeans.org/kb/articles/nb-profiler-uncoveringleaks_pt1.html

thank you bro
ciya

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Profiler Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: