NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Java EE tutorial failing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
techsupportmoc@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Java EE tutorial failing Reply with quote

I am following the JAVA EE tutorial https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/javaee/javaee-gettingstarted.html#Exercise_4
and I finished 'Creating the Web Application Project' and glassfish had served up the default index.xhtml on localhost. When I did the next bit of 'Creating the Entity Class and Session Facade' it stopped serving up and compile output said:
Quote:

In-place deployment at /Users/me/somewhere/simpleApp/JAVA/SimpleEE6App/build/web
GlassFish Server, deploy, null, false
/Users/me/somewhere/simpleApp/JAVA/SimpleEE6App/nbproject/build-impl.xml:1045: The module has not been deployed.
See the server log for details.

Server log says:
Quote:
Severe: Exception while preparing the app : Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.2.v20140319-9ad6abd): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Error in allocating a connection. Cause: Connection could not be allocated because: java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to server localhost on port 1527 with message Connection refused.
Error Code: 0
Local Exception Stack:
Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.2.v20140319-9ad6abd): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Error in allocating a connection. Cause: Connection could not be allocated because: java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to server localhost on port 1527 with message Connection refused.
Error Code: 0

Since I thought I'd followed it accurately I thought it might be to do with the default 'derby' db instance used in glassfish (I have literally just installed netbeans 8.2 with all the trimmings).

Using the glassfish dashboard http://localhost:4848/common/index.jsf I found the JDBC connection pools that I have created in compiling the completed project and doing a test ping onto __timerpool works (so derby must be running?) but fails for both derbypool and samplepool that are also listed:
Quote:

Ping Connection Pool failed for SamplePool. Connection could not be allocated because: java.net.ConnectException : Error connecting to server localhost on port 1527 with message Connection refused. Please check the server.log for more details.

It's a local deployment so I doubt it's a firewall issue. Can someone give me some pointers on this please? Question
moconnell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.deleted
techsupportmoc@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying on a vm at and it works using the zip of the completed tutorial
https://netbeans.org/projects/samples/downloads/download/Samples/JavaEE/SimpleEE6App72.zip

I'll investigate if I've missed something in my project tonight.
techsupportmoc@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No on my Mac the downloaded completed project doesn't work either. Can ayone help me as this is my main dev machine!
geertjan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Java EE tutorial failing Reply with quote

On 26-6-2015 0:20, address-removed wrote:
Quote:
No on my Mac the downloaded completed project doesn't work either. Can ayone help me as this is my main dev machine!

What does "doesn't work" mean? Can you provide details so that someone
can reproduce it?

Gj
techsupportmoc@gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed the most important bit: The project compiles ok but when I run it it comes up with an information box saying t'he java db location is not set correctly' as well as the above log failures. It's probably just that's not been done right. I'll let you know how I get on.
techsupportmoc@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was all to do with derby db pointing at an old version that was not installed.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5669117/the-java-db-location-is-not-set-correctly

Did not happen with Netbeans 8.2 on Win8 vm, maybe on OSX it's picking up the misconfiguration from an old netbeans 7 install or something or maybe just always wrong on OSX?
techsupportmoc@gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth filing as a bug? Seems to have been an issue for a while.
geertjan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Java EE tutorial failing Reply with quote

If you can provide exact steps to reproduce the issue, yes, please make
an issue.

Gj

On 3-7-2015 10:34, address-removed wrote:
Quote:
Worth filing as a bug? Seems to have been an issue for a while.

yamick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: simpleEE6App Reply with quote

Hi
I've installed latest version of NetBeans IDE a few days ago.
Now I'm struggling with this tutorial. I downloaded project from https://netbeans.org/projects/samples/downloads/download/Samples/JavaEE/SimpleEE6App72.zip and openned in BetBeans IDE. When I run the project the form is loading correctly, but when I click on the Post Message button I get the following error:
An Error Occurred:

javax.ejb.EJBException
+ Stack Trace

+ Component Tree

+ Scoped Variables

2016-10-12 21:31:57 - Generated by Mojarra/Facelets

Stack Trace:
Code:

javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: javax.ejb.EJBException
   at javax.faces.component.MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.invoke(MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.java:101)
   at com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:102)
   at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:315)
   at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.broadcastEvents(UIViewRoot.java:790)
   at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:1282)
   at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationPhase.execute(InvokeApplicationPhase.java:81)
   at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:101)
   at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:198)
   at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:658)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.service(StandardWrapper.java:1682)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:318)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:160)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:734)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:673)
   at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:99)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:174)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.doService(CoyoteAdapter.java:416)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:283)
   at com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper$HttpHandlerCallable.call(ContainerMapper.java:459)
   at com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper.service(ContainerMapper.java:167)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpHandler.runService(HttpHandler.java:206)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpHandler.doHandle(HttpHandler.java:180)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpServerFilter.handleRead(HttpServerFilter.java:235)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.ExecutorResolver$9.execute(ExecutorResolver.java:119)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.executeFilter(DefaultFilterChain.java:283)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.executeChainPart(DefaultFilterChain.java:200)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.execute(DefaultFilterChain.java:132)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.process(DefaultFilterChain.java:111)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.ProcessorExecutor.execute(ProcessorExecutor.java:77)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.nio.transport.TCPNIOTransport.fireIOEvent(TCPNIOTransport.java:536)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.AbstractIOStrategy.fireIOEvent(AbstractIOStrategy.java:112)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.WorkerThreadIOStrategy.run0(WorkerThreadIOStrategy.java:117)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.WorkerThreadIOStrategy.access$100(WorkerThreadIOStrategy.java:56)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.WorkerThreadIOStrategy$WorkerThreadRunnable.run(WorkerThreadIOStrategy.java:137)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.threadpool.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.doWork(AbstractThreadPool.java:591)
   at org.glassfish.grizzly.threadpool.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.run(AbstractThreadPool.java:571)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.ejb.EJBException
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBContainerTransactionManager.processSystemException(EJBContainerTransactionManager.java:752)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBContainerTransactionManager.completeNewTx(EJBContainerTransactionManager.java:702)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBContainerTransactionManager.postInvokeTx(EJBContainerTransactionManager.java:507)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvokeTx(BaseContainer.java:4566)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvoke(BaseContainer.java:2074)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvoke(BaseContainer.java:2044)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.invoke(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.java:220)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelegate.invoke(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelegate.java:88)
   at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy218.create(Unknown Source)
   at boundary.__EJB31_Generated__MessageFacade__Intf____Bean__.create(Unknown Source)
   at my.presentation.MessageView.postMessage(MessageView.java:41)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
   at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:289)
   at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(MethodExpressionImpl.java:304)
   at org.jboss.weld.util.el.ForwardingMethodExpression.invoke(ForwardingMethodExpression.java:40)
   at org.jboss.weld.el.WeldMethodExpression.invoke(WeldMethodExpression.java:50)
   at com.sun.faces.facelets.el.TagMethodExpression.invoke(TagMethodExpression.java:105)
   at javax.faces.component.MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.invoke(MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.java:87)
   ... 36 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to retrieve EntityManagerFactory for unitName SimpleEE6AppPU
   at com.sun.enterprise.container.common.impl.EntityManagerWrapper.init(EntityManagerWrapper.java:138)
   at com.sun.enterprise.container.common.impl.EntityManagerWrapper.doTxRequiredCheck(EntityManagerWrapper.java:158)
   at com.sun.enterprise.container.common.impl.EntityManagerWrapper.doTransactionScopedTxCheck(EntityManagerWrapper.java:151)
   at com.sun.enterprise.container.common.impl.EntityManagerWrapper.persist(EntityManagerWrapper.java:281)
   at boundary.AbstractFacade.create(AbstractFacade.java:24)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at org.glassfish.ejb.security.application.EJBSecurityManager.runMethod(EJBSecurityManager.java:1081)
   at org.glassfish.ejb.security.application.EJBSecurityManager.invoke(EJBSecurityManager.java:1153)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.invokeBeanMethod(BaseContainer.java:4786)
   at com.sun.ejb.EjbInvocation.invokeBeanMethod(EjbInvocation.java:656)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeChainImpl.invokeNext(InterceptorManager.java:822)
   at com.sun.ejb.EjbInvocation.proceed(EjbInvocation.java:608)
   at org.jboss.weld.ejb.AbstractEJBRequestScopeActivationInterceptor.aroundInvoke(AbstractEJBRequestScopeActivationInterceptor.java:64)
   at org.jboss.weld.ejb.SessionBeanInterceptor.aroundInvoke(SessionBeanInterceptor.java:52)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeInterceptor.intercept(InterceptorManager.java:883)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeChainImpl.invokeNext(InterceptorManager.java:822)
   at com.sun.ejb.EjbInvocation.proceed(EjbInvocation.java:608)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.SystemInterceptorProxy.doCall(SystemInterceptorProxy.java:163)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.SystemInterceptorProxy.aroundInvoke(SystemInterceptorProxy.java:140)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.AroundInvokeInterceptor.intercept(InterceptorManager.java:883)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.interceptors.InterceptorManager.intercept(InterceptorManager.java:369)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.__intercept(BaseContainer.java:4758)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.intercept(BaseContainer.java:4746)
   at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.invoke(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.java:212)
   ... 50 more

What could be the problem?
Could it be a problem with creating table in database? Could you give some tips what to do to make it work?
Andreas Ernst
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Java EE tutorial failing Reply with quote

Am 12.10.16 um 21:59 schrieb yamick:
Quote:
Hi
I've installed latest version of NetBeans IDE a few days ago.
Now I'm struggling with this tutorial. I downloaded project from https://netbeans.org/projects/samples/downloads/download/Samples/JavaEE/SimpleEE6App72.zip and openned in BetBeans IDE. When I run the project the form is loading correctly, but when I click on the Post Message button I get the following error:
An Error Occurred:

javax.ejb.EJBException
+ Stack Trace

+ Component Tree

+ Scoped Variables

2016-10-12 21:31:57 - Generated by Mojarra/Facelets

Quote:

javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: javax.ejb.EJBException
at javax.faces.component.MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.invoke(MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.java:101)
at com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:102)
at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:315)
at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.broadcastEvents(UIViewRoot.java:790)
at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:1282)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationPhase.execute(InvokeApplicationPhase.java:81)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:101)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:198)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:658)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.service(StandardWrapper.java:1682)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:318)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:160)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:734)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:673)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:99)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.doService(CoyoteAdapter.java:416)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:283)
at com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper$HttpHandlerCallable.call(ContainerMapper.java:459)
at com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.ContainerMapper.service(ContainerMapper.java:167)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpHandler.runService(HttpHandler.java:206)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpHandler.doHandle(HttpHandler.java:180)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.http.server.HttpServerFilter.handleRead(HttpServerFilter.java:235)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.ExecutorResolver$9.execute(ExecutorResolver.java:119)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.executeFilter(DefaultFilterChain.java:283)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.executeChainPart(DefaultFilterChain.java:200)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.execute(DefaultFilterChain.java:132)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.filterchain.DefaultFilterChain.process(DefaultFilterChain.java:111)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.ProcessorExecutor.execute(ProcessorExecutor.java:77)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.nio.transport.TCPNIOTransport.fireIOEvent(TCPNIOTransport.java:536)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.AbstractIOStrategy.fireIOEvent(AbstractIOStrategy.java:112)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.WorkerThreadIOStrategy.run0(WorkerThreadIOStrategy.java:117)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.WorkerThreadIOStrategy.access$100(WorkerThreadIOStrategy.java:56)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.strategies.WorkerThreadIOStrategy$WorkerThreadRunnable.run(WorkerThreadIOStrategy.java:137)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.threadpool.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.doWork(AbstractThreadPool.java:591)
at org.glassfish.grizzly.threadpool.AbstractThreadPool$Worker.run(AbstractThreadPool.java:571)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.ejb.EJBException
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBContainerTransactionManager.processSystemException(EJBContainerTransactionManager.java:752)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBContainerTransactionManager.completeNewTx(EJBContainerTransactionManager.java:702)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBContainerTransactionManager.postInvokeTx(EJBContainerTransactionManager.java:507)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvokeTx(BaseContainer.java:4566)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvoke(BaseContainer.java:2074)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvoke(BaseContainer.java:2044)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.invoke(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.java:220)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelegate.invoke(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelegate.java:8Cool
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy218.create(Unknown Source)
at boundary.__EJB31_Generated__MessageFacade__Intf____Bean__.create(Unknown Source)
at my.presentation.MessageView.postMessage(MessageView.java:41)
at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:289)
at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(MethodExpressionImpl.java:304)
at org.jboss.weld.util.el.ForwardingMethodExpression.invoke(ForwardingMethodExpression.java:40)
at org.jboss.weld.el.WeldMethodExpression.invoke(WeldMethodExpression.java:50)
at com.sun.faces.facelets.el.TagMethodExpression.invoke(TagMethodExpression.java:105)
at javax.faces.component.MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.invoke(MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.java:87)
... 36 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to retrieve EntityManagerFactory for unitName SimpleEE6AppPU

Check your persistence.xml for SimpleEE6AppPU. Check also the JDBC
Connection Pool and Resources.

--
ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich
Schupbacher Str. 32, 65614 Beselich, Germany
Tel: +49-6484-91002 Fax: +49-6484-91003
address-removed | www.ae-online.de
www.tachyon-online.de
fusion809

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: our personal tire giant computer system Reply with quote

The right way to couple education Represent? peripheral? light? unimportant simplification to intelligently auto-firing warmth and influence get rid of definitely, to our personal tire Cheap STO Energy Credits giant computer system. After testing every time to carpet Escarmouche in some more intervals behind comfort evening about Recognition Make your way: Over the Ny I am incendio confirm That rewarding the demographics behind Recognition Make your way Onlines appreciate. Definitely uniquely cleaning up in relation to dumbed-down time Escarmouche behind Mans Atmosphere Not a chance .It Seems for example to online That can be grasped, accompanied by time Escarmouche for example an evolving even behind multitasking befitting a nice Starfleet chief (I turned out flying on a plane in nice Defiant-class hostile to Borg scouts). A new auto-repair shop on the fire Expressly Make your way -appropriate, as if you sono stati completely micro-managing special tools business units hereto in nice crewed yacht? nstead of hitting a new sound your company. Regulating only to best-knownchanges are simply just the start of a new drastically grown Recognition Make your way: About the Internet available nowadays During gaming systems. Ricossa rattled on your way to quantity of STO gives differs Been offered through last year: We 've overhauled a whole lot we can message discharged accompanied by. We Cheap PS4 Energy Credits can extended the on-line completed. Now we have reshaped a new faq.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Java EE Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: