NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot find symbol: Class R

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gimmegimme

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Cannot find symbol: Class R Reply with quote

I successfully followed the tutorial here to integrate Android SDK/nbandroid with Netbeans 8.2: http://forums.netbeans.org/topic51543.html

I'm trying to compile the source code I obtained here:
http://www.sanfoundry.com/java-android-program-demonstrate-tip-calculator/

After searching around, I learned that the main and activity_main files are the same thing, so I went ahead and edited the main.xml file located at:
D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\res\layout\

With contents of the previous links activity_main.xml file, while retaining the file name main.xml

Now, the following import statement produces an error:
import Android.CalculatedGallons1.R;
Code:

cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class R

Import From The Same Package
----
(Alt-Enter shows hints)

The following hi-res image, shows the paths on the left as well as what Alt+enter suggested.

The output of 'Clean and Build'
Code:

ant -f "D:\\Install\\Programs\\NetBeans 8.2\\00 projects\\AndroidApplication1" clean debug
Android SDK Tools Revision 25.2.5
Installed at D:\Install\Programs\AndroidSDK
Project Name: AndroidApplication1
Project Type: Application
clean:
Deleting directory D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\bin
Deleting directory D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\gen
Library dependencies:
No Libraries
No sub-builds to iterate on
Android SDK Tools Revision 25.2.5
Installed at D:\Install\Programs\AndroidSDK
Project Name: AndroidApplication1
Project Type: Application
Using latest Build Tools: 25.0.2
Resolving Build Target for AndroidApplication1...
Project Target:   Android 4.4.2
API level:        19
WARNING: No minSdkVersion value set. Application will install on all Android versions.
----------
Creating output directories if needed...
Created dir: D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\bin
Created dir: D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\bin\res
Created dir: D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\bin\rsObj
Created dir: D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\bin\rsLibs
Created dir: D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\gen
Created dir: D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\bin\classes
Created dir: D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\bin\dexedLibs
----------
Resolving Dependencies for AndroidApplication1...
Ordered libraries:
------------------
----------
Building Libraries with 'debug'...
No sub-builds to iterate on
Merging AndroidManifest files into one.
Manifest merger disabled. Using project manifest only.
Handling aidl files...
No AIDL files to compile.
----------
Handling RenderScript files...
----------
Handling Resources...
Generating resource IDs...
D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\res\layout\main.xml:1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'paddingBottom' with value '@dimen/activity_vertical_margin').

D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\res\layout\main.xml:1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'paddingLeft' with value '@dimen/activity_horizontal_margin').

D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\res\layout\main.xml:1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'paddingRight' with value '@dimen/activity_horizontal_margin').

D:\Install\Programs\NetBeans 8.2\00 projects\AndroidApplication1\res\layout\main.xml:1: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'paddingTop' with value '@dimen/activity_vertical_margin').

D:\Install\Programs\AndroidSDK\tools\ant\build.xml:649: The following error occurred while executing this line:
D:\Install\Programs\AndroidSDK\tools\ant\build.xml:694: null returned: 1
BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)

AliMustafa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reported post
I appreciate all you do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Java ME Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: