NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New project - not getting PHP projects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bowlesj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: New project - not getting PHP projects Reply with quote

Solved (I moved this to the top to save reading).
The uninstall and install again brought the categories up to date to include "PHP". So at the point I noticed the PHP on the left side and selected that and it gave me the "PHP application with existing sources" on the right side which I was looking for.

Hi, it took me about a year to learn and developed a database driven website using PHP. It started with xampp and I put it on the web. For debugging I set up netbeans on my desktop and managed to create the project file. I created the project using "PHP Application with Existing Sources". The website idea did not fly so I closed it down over a year ago. I have gotten rusty. I am starting a new project with the existing .php modules but this time installing it on a notebook using Windows 10 rather than the Windows 7 that was on my desktop. I installed the latest netbeans on the notebook. I put all the php code on the notebook. I am trying to create a netbeans project for this php code and when I click (file, new project) I do not get "PHP Application with Existing Sources". Instead I get a variety of other items in the "projects" column (example: Java application, Java Project with existing sources"). So I downloaded the latest netbeans from https://netbeans.org/downloads/ and chose php 64 and installed it (no luck). So I did another download of all and installed it and again no luck. I can't remember what I did 2 years ago to set it up for php Smile Any help would be appreciated.

Still trying things:
I have un-installed both netbeans 8.0 and 8.1 and I am reinstalling the full 8.1. I checked the customize and it does say php so hopefully the menu I am looking for above appears.

Thanks,
John

Last edited by bowlesj on Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:58 am; edited 4 times in total
paolosca

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: New project - not getting PHP projects Reply with quote

Hi John,

when you click on the "New project" button you will see a window with two columns, on the left column (called Categories) you need to select PHP, then in the one on the right (called Projects) you should see the usual options: "PHP application", "PHP application with existing sources", and "PHP application from remote server.

If you don't see PHP in the categories list you probably downloaded a NetBeans bundle that didn't include PHP (i.e. Java SE, C/C++, etc) and you don't have the necessary plugins to create a PHP project. In this case you have two options: 

1. You open "Tools->Plugins" and install the PHP plugins you need;
2. You uninstall the Netbeans version you have now and download and install the Netbeans bundle specific for PHP;

If you use NetBeans solely for PHP development, the second option is probably simpler.

Have a nice day,

Paolo

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 3:24 AM, bowlesj <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Hi, it took me about a year to learn and developed a database driven website using PHP. It started with xampp and I put it on the web. For debugging I set up netbeans on my desktop and managed to create the project file. I created the project using "PHP Application with Existing Sources". The website idea did not fly so I closed it down over a year ago. I have gotten rusty. I am starting a new project with the existing .php modules but this time installing it on a notebook using Windows 10 rather than the Windows 7 that was on my desktop. I installed the latest netbeans on the notebook. I put all the php code on the notebook. I am trying to create a netbeans project for this php code and when I click (file, new project) I do not get "PHP Application with Existing Sources". Instead I get a variety of other items in the "projects" column (example: Java application, Java Project with existing sources"). So I downloaded the latest netbeans from https://netbeans.org/downloads/ an!
 d chose php 64 and installed it (no luck). So I did another download of all and installed it and again no luck. I can't remember what I did 2 years ago to set it up for php Smile Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

bowlesj

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paolo, it is good to get a reminder about the plugins.

I think the error I made was this. I copied the compressed setup file over from the desktop to the notebook using the (if it isn't broken don't fix it) approach. This version had the PHP plugins (if that is the correct term). However there was a prompt which I can't exactly remember that basically asked if I wanted to load a prior settings file or something. I probably should have answered no because it was a new machine but I answered yes. I suspect that somehow wiped out the PHP stuff. Noticing the problem I loaded the latest version 8.1 with the PHP. However I did not uninstall the 8.0 first. So I think this time I was running the messed up 8.0 rather than the 8.1. So then I did your #2 suggestion of removing everything and starting over again with the download that has everything just in case (it is a 1 terabyte machine with way more space than I will ever use). So that led to the solution at the bottom of my message (which I should move to the top now - come to think of it).

Thanks,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> PHP Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: