NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom exception reporting?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kdobkowski

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Custom exception reporting? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am currently working on implementing Exception Reporting system to a NetBeans modules application. After doing some research I have stumbled upon this thread -

https://blogs.oracle.com/coreqa/entry/report_exceptions_in_an_easy

Which brought my hopes up, but it does not mention of a away to customise this functionality to my software. Sad

What I am looking to do is a way to overwrite the server / service (e.g. JIRA) to which the reports would be sent as well as incorporating the Usernam & Password authentication to my service accordingly.

Any guidance will be very much appreciated! Smile
Sean Carrick
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Custom exception reporting? Reply with quote

kdobkowski,

When you say, "NetBeans modules application," are you creating a NetBeans Module as a plugin to the IDE or are you creating a NetBeans Platform application?

If you are creating a NetBeans Platform application, you would be able to set the server to which the reports would be sent via the Branding...Resource Bundles tab. You would just need to search for what you are trying to change and then put in your custom server information. Also, this is where you would set your application to look to a specific server for updates and/or additional plugins.

As a Platform, NB is very configurable, though you may have to search pretty hard for what you are wanting to configure.

If, however, you are creating an IDE plugin for NetBeans, hopefully someone else will be able to provide you with a solution...
Quote:
--
[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/ucwebapp.wisestamp.com/13aab24c-4877-4ae8-97d8-e5b95d5767a8/IntegritySolutionsSplash.format_png.resize_200x.png#logo[/img]
Sean Carrick
VP Software Development, Integrity Solutions
address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email]) [/url]

On Mon, 2017-02-20 at 12:13 +0000, kdobkowski wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello,

I am currently working on implementing Exception Reporting system to a NetBeans modules application. After doing some research I have stumbled upon this thread -

[url=https://blogs.oracle.com/coreqa/entry/report_exceptions_in_an_easy]https://blogs.oracle.com/coreqa/entry/report_exceptions_in_an_easy

Which brought my hopes up, but it does not mention of a away to customise this functionality to my software. Sad

What I am looking to do is a way to overwrite the server / service (e.g. JIRA) to which the reports would be sent as well as incorporating the Usernam & Password authentication to my service accordingly.

Any guidance will be very much appreciated! Smile

kdobkowski

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Custom exception reporting? Reply with quote

Sean,

Yes I am creating a NetBeans Platform application.

Thank you very much! I'll have a look into that, seems like a good point to start. Very Happy
Enrico Scantamburlo
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Custom exception reporting? Reply with quote

We develop something similar in our company:

You have to remove the NetBeans error manager (org.netbeans.core.NbErrorManager) and replace it with your own implementation.

Maybe I will blog about it and let you know.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 11:05 AM, kdobkowski <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Sean,

Thank you very much! I'll have a look at that, seems like a good point to start.  Very Happy

kdobkowski

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Custom exception reporting? Reply with quote

It seems to me like there is a bit of work to be done on this feature.

One thing that I noticed is that in order to host your own server for collecting gesture collection logs and exception logs there is a bit of frustrating work to set it up. (I still haven't finished working on it...)

While following this post:

https://platform.netbeans.org/tutorials/nbm-gesture.html

the uihandleserver project is extremely out of date, when using ant to download missing libraries, a fair amount of them aren't available anymore so you have to alter the build.xml file and place the .jar files manually. Rolling Eyes

I'm still trying to set up the server.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the server for ui gesture collection is also collecting exception report logs right?

If you get a chance to write a blog about how you tackled this issue I would be forever grateful!

Enrico Scantamburlo wrote:
We develop something similar in our company:

You have to remove the NetBeans error manager (org.netbeans.core.NbErrorManager) and replace it with your own implementation.

Maybe I will blog about it and let you know.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 11:05 AM, kdobkowski <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Sean,

Thank you very much! I'll have a look at that, seems like a good point to start.  Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Platform Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: