NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Netbeans connector disconnects when I open CDT.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KenOtwell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Netbeans connector disconnects when I open CDT. Reply with quote

Cannot seem to get the Chrome/Netbeans thing right. I have the latest versions of both, I reinstalled the connector plugin, but when I'm connected and open the Chrome dev tools, it breaks the connection, and when I try to reconnect, it tells me to close CDT.

Now what? And furthermore (it may be relevent) I can't get JavaScript to debug at all in my Web Java program, with our without the connector working.
Papa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Netbeans connector disconnects when I open CDT. Reply with quote

Have you tried Firefox or Waterfox?

On 11-Mar-2017 4:19 PM, KenOtwell wrote:
Quote:
Cannot seem to get the Chrome/Netbeans thing right. I have the latest versions of both, I reinstalled the connector plugin, but when I'm connected and open the Chrome dev tools, it breaks the connection, and when I try to reconnect, it tells me to close CDT.

Now what? And furthermore (it may be relevent) I can't get JavaScript to debug at all in my Web Java program, with our without the connector working.

KenOtwell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Netbeans connector disconnects when I open CDT. Reply with quote

Papa wrote:

No - I did try Edge but there's no debug connector from NetBeans anyway. It's the weirdest thing - I followed an online video tutorial for debugging JavaScript in NetBeans and it just doesn't work as advertised on my new installation of NetBeans 8.2.
geertjan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Netbeans connector disconnects when I open CDT. Reply with quote

I'd be happy to take a look at it with you, on Skype my username is
geertjanwielenga.

I'd be happy to do a demo of how this functionality works with you and
take a look at what's going wrong on your end.

Gj

On 12-3-2017 19:46, KenOtwell wrote:
Quote:
Papa wrote:
Quote:

No - I did try Edge but there's no debug connector from NetBeans anyway. It's the weirdest thing - I followed an online video tutorial for debugging JavaScript in NetBeans and it just doesn't work as advertised on my new installation of NetBeans 8.2.

Papa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Netbeans connector disconnects when I open CDT. Reply with quote

Hmm.
What nice person, truly, what a nice person you are.
All the power to you man. It shows the quality of people in this group.
Have wonderful day.

Sent from my LG Mobile

------ Original message------
Date: Mon, Mar 13, 2017 6:54 AM
To: address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email]);
Subject:[nbusers] Re: Netbeans connector disconnects when I open CDT.

Quote:
I'd be happy to take a look at it with you, on Skype my username is geertjanwielenga.I'd be happy to do a demo of how this functionality works with you and take a look at what's going wrong on your end.GjOn [url=tel:12-3-2017 19]12-3-2017 19[/url]:46, KenOtwell wrote:> Papa wrote:>> Have you tried Firefox or Waterfox?>>>> No - I did try Edge but there's no debug connector from NetBeans anyway. It's the weirdest thing - I followed an online video tutorial for debugging JavaScript in NetBeans and it just doesn't work as advertised on my new installation of NetBeans 8.2.>>>>
KenOtwell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: ARggg!! Reply with quote

I think I figured it out.. you can only debug JavaScript when running an HTML5/JS application from node.js. (I got that to work.)

But I'm running a Java web app with JS resource files... and those can't be debugged. You can debug Java OR JavaScript, but not both in the same project. Am I correct?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: