NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom application distribution and auto-installed uneeded plugins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
markreds81

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Custom application distribution and auto-installed uneeded plugins Reply with quote

Hi everybody,
I developed my application on the Netbeans Platform. It is formed by several modules and one of these is my custom Update Center which keeps tracks of every update I publish on my web server.

When I have to perform a fresh installation, first I build a new version from the Netbeans IDE as a "ZIP distribution". Then I unpack the archive on the new target system (usually based on Windows, with a Java runtime environment already installed and configured) and I make a shortcut desktop icon to the binary launcher in the bin subfolder.
Then I start my app and go in the plugins manager settings (Tools > Plugins > Settings) where there is already configured my updates center. I add the Netbeans Update Center (http://updates.netbeans.org/netbeans/updates/8.0.2/uc/final/distribution/catalog.xml.gz) to maintain the platform libraries updated, from which my modules depend on.
In the Installed tab I can see only my custom modules and the Notification module, anything else.

Anyway when the Updater updates the application, it also installs silently the complete Base IDE 1.0 module (and all related developing modules). I try to remove them manually, except the entry "RCP platform" which remain grayed and cannot be uninstalled.
In addition, after a restart, the Updater tries to install them again.
So how can I solve this? How can I prevent the automatic installation of unneeded modules? Please note that after removing my modules still works so there aren't dependencies with that modules.

I appreciate any help and advices. Thanks.
markreds81

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I haven't got any reply to this issue, after further investigations I suppose it could be because in my project settings there are some unused clusters but selected by default when I created the project. Now I tried to remove these dependencies. I'll check if this resolve the issue after fixing others issues for which I alredy open a new topic here: https://forums.netbeans.org/viewtopic.php?t=67887
sonideft

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Suggestion Reply with quote

I think you need to "hide" some of the services for autoupdate. On any one of your modules, go to the Important Files->XML Layer->In Context->Services and hide the ones you don't want to be active. Use the Delete Key. Attached is what I do, but I also don't enable the Plugin portal to be shown to the users.

Picture1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.13 KB
 Viewed:  1100 Time(s)

Picture1.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Platform Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: