NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Java SE 8 Embedded is the final major release of the Oracle Java SE Embedded

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Java SE 8 Embedded is the final major release of the Oracle Java SE Embedded Reply with quote

Hello

I was following the instructions here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCuuUjT85jY to remotely develop Java on the Raspi.
Then I found this announcement from Oracle. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/embedded/embedded-se/downloads/index.html

I don't want to install a depreciated product so when I tried to setup remote development, the instructions are now out of date. As far as I can tell, this announcement requires an update to the Netbeans GUI, which is why I am writing on this forum rather than the users forum.

Specifically, what do I now put in the Remote JRE Path entry. What do I now need to load onto the Raspi?

java and javac are already included in the out of the box Raspian image that I have just loaded.

Please provide updated instructions and/or GUI.

Dazz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: