NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Netbeans does not recognize project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iced0ut

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Netbeans does not recognize project Reply with quote

i am new to netbeans, so sorry for any obvious mistakes.

I'm trying to open a netbeans project that i imported from Git, However, Netbeans does not recognize my project as one.

After the cloning process, the wizard asks if I want to create a new project with the cloned sources, but it just creates an empty project inside the cloned folder ( which already contains all the source files and librairies, but isn't recognized as a project)

My project has the nbproject folder, so why does it not recognized it as a project?

ive tried to do import as ZIP, it does not work either.
priya465

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try this:

1. Create a new project on the target machine
2. Find where the project you want to open is stored and open the src folder.
3. Copy all the files and stuff in the /src folder
4. Go on Netbeans, expand the tree view of the project you have just created, right click on source packages and click paste. It should paste the files in the /src folder as packages. You should also see the code these packages contain.
anros

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Worked for me Reply with quote

I received a zip file of a NetBeans project and when I expanded it NB did not recognize the expanded project folder as a project.
When I looked at the properties of the folder it reported that the folder and contents were Read-Only. Changing that setting then allowed NetBeans to open the project. I hope this helps.
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: