NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Code indentation in netbeans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
csenthilkumar87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Code indentation in netbeans Reply with quote

Hi.. I am finding it difficult to tell netbeans to indent code the way I want.

Product Version: NetBeans IDE 6.5 (Build 200811100001)
Java: 1.6.0_06; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 10.0-b22

Take the following code -

void myfunction()
{
// do something
}

I have the practice of indenting the curly braces like shown above.

When I insert lots of code, things get messed up and I hit ALT+SHIFT+F to properly indent the code. But it comes like this -

void myfunction() {
// do something
}

I am not used to writing like that and it is driving me crazy. Can someone tell me how to tell netbeans to indent like the first method when I hit ALT+SHIFT+F ?? Or is there another key combination that will do it?

This kind of indentation, that I am not used, to is very irritating. Please tell me how to make it indent the other way.

Thanks..
Jiri Prox
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Code indentation in netbeans Reply with quote

Hi,

you can customize the indentation in options dialog. Go to Tools ->
Options -> Editor -> Formatting and set preferred values. For example
your problem can be set in language Java, Category Braces by setting
Braces Placing to new line.

Regards
Jirka

csenthilkumar87 wrote:
Quote:
Hi.. take the following code -

void myfunction()

{

// do something

}

I have the practice of indenting the curly braces like shown above.

When I insert lots of code, things get messed up and I hit ALT+SHIFT+F to properly indent the code. But it comes like this -

void myfunction() {

// do something

}

I am not used to writing like that and it is driving me crazy. Can someone tell me how to tell netbeans to indent like the first method when I hit ALT+SHIFT+F ?? Or is there another key combination that will do it?

This kind of indentation that I am not used to is very irritating. Please tell me how to make it indent the other way.

Thanks..

csenthilkumar87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.. thanks for the reply.

I tried setting the options you mentioned. But they work only for .JAVA files. Thanks. Smile

But I am working with JSP code. They contain JAVA code too right? It doesn't work for them. Sad How do I make it work for JSP files? Question

I am relatively new to using NetBeans so please don't be pissed off if I ask really silly questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: