NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running several C++ projects with a PERL makefile

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsloniker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Running several C++ projects with a PERL makefile Reply with quote

I am working within a team that does not currently take full advantage of the NetBeans IDE. We have a lot of C, C++ and Fortran projects and the makefile to run them all is in PERL. I tried to create some new projects using the existing code with the PERL makefile, but NetBeans does not recognize it as a makefile. I would appreciate anybody's time helping me to undersand what I need to do to allow me to debug the various codes that we have using the existing PERL makefile.
Thanks in advance
EduardKarelEtc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Running several C++ projects with a PERL makefile Reply with quote

AFAIK NetBeans uses the presence of a Makefile to recognize that a
directory is actually a buildable project.

Have you tried wrapping the PERL build in a makefile? With one target,
no dependencies and as build action a call to the PERL script? That
might trich NB in accepting your files as a genuine project.

my 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: