NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Build error "Must set Sun app server root"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cb9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Build error "Must set Sun app server root" Reply with quote

I have simple Calculator webservice project which runs fine on Glassfish. Now I am trying to run same project on tomcat. When I run the project for tomcat , I get following error.

/home/charles/NetBeansProjects/Calculator/nbproject/wsit-deploy.xml:29: Must set Sun app server root
BUILD FAILED (total time: 11 seconds)

Any help will be appreciated.

Additional information :

Product Version: NetBeans IDE 7.3 (Build 201302132200)

Java: 1.7.0_17; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 23.7-b01
Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.7.0_17-b02
System: Linux version 3.7.10-1-MANJARO running on amd64; UTF-8; en_US (nb)

Tomcat version : 7.0.34

Thank you
Jeff Rubinoff
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Build error "Must set Sun app server root" Reply with quote

The webservice uses Stateless Session Beans. Tomcat does not support this technology, as it is only a web container, not a full application server.Ken, if you're reading this, please remove Tomcat from Supported Software.

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:35 AM, cb9 <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
I have simple Calculator webservice project which runs fine on Glassfish. Now I am trying to run same project on tomcat. When I run the project for tomcat , I get following error.

/home/charles/NetBeansProjects/Calculator/nbproject/wsit-deploy.xml:29: Must set Sun app server root
BUILD FAILED (total time: 11 seconds)

Any help will be appreciated.

Additional information :

Product Version: NetBeans IDE 7.3 (Build 201302132200)
Updates: Updates available
Java: 1.7.0_17; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 23.7-b01
Runtime: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.7.0_17-b02
System: Linux version 3.7.10-1-MANJARO running on amd64; UTF-8; en_US (nb)

Tomcat version : 7.0.34

Thank you

Jeff Rubinoff
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Build error "Must set Sun app server root" Reply with quote

Also, did you not note the warning "By default, Tomcat web server does not support Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs). Therefore you cannot deploy an EE6 web service as a stateless session bean on an out-of-the-box installation of Tomcat 7. However, see the
cb9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just deleted old project and created new project using Tomcat as server in netbeans. And it worked.
packmover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Build error Must set Sun app server root Reply with quote

to develop a webservice with Transport security.
I could create webservice but when i try to run it - step 9 - it shows the message -

C:\WS3\nbproject\wsit-deploy.xml:12: Must set Sun app server root
BUILD FAILED (total time: 8 seconds)

When i click on the message the following part of code from wsit-deploy.xml is shown -

<fail unless="sjsas.root">Must set Sun app server root</fail>

Please help me how to go about this error.
pd4141236

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue is you're missing bits from the application and workspace dirs situated inside the .sencha dir. The settle for this:

- Use engineer to make another application with the same application name.

- Then in the current application, evacuate the degenerate application/workspace dirs.

- After that, duplicate the substance of the benefactor applications .sencha into the current applications .sencha.

That will settle that issue.

When you have that settled, will see a x-aggregate blunder in the yield. Go into the app.json and expel the js and css pieces. After that you ought to be ready.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> Java EE Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: