NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

8.0.1 - Issue with Auto Complete

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdpagent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: 8.0.1 - Issue with Auto Complete Reply with quote

I just updated from Netbeans 8.0.0 to 8.0.1 and found that autocomplete no longer works in my PHP project. At first I thought that this was related to not recognizing classes within namespaces, but no, classes in the "normal" namespace are not recognized.

E.g. I have a class called SiteSpecific that has a lot of static functions. Normally,when I want to run one of these functions from another class I would start typing "SiteSp", press cntrl-space, and a dropdown with SiteSpecific would appear to select from. However this is no longer happening.

I tried reloading netbeans, and then deleting the project and re-importing it. Neither of these worked. I was using the Html5+PHP only version of Netbeans (63MB).

Update:
I just removed netbeans and freshly installed the full "All" version and this problem appears to have disappeared. Others may need to do the same?
Tomas Mysik
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: 8.0.1 - Issue with Auto Complete Reply with quote

Hi,

Dne 12.9.2014 v 11:04 sdpagent napsal(a):
Quote:
I just updated from Netbeans 8.0.0 to 8.0.1 and found that autocomplete no longer works in my PHP project. At first I thought that this was related to not recognizing classes within namespaces, but no, classes in the "normal" namespace are not recognized.

E.g. I have a class called SiteSpecific that has a lot of static functions. Normally,when I want to run one of these functions from another class I would start typing "SiteSp", press cntrl-space, and a dropdown with SiteSpecific would appear to select from. However this is no longer happening.

I tried reloading netbeans, and then deleting the project and re-importing it. Neither of these worked. I was using the Html5+PHP only version of Netbeans (63MB).

Update:
I just removed netbeans and freshly installed the full "All" version and this problem appears to have disappeared. Others may need to do the same?

already reported [1]; you need to remove NetBeans cache dir manually,
sorry for inconveniences.

Tomas
[1] https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=247026
sdpagent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: 8.0.1 - Issue with Auto Complete Reply with quote

Thanks, good to know. If there is a way to mark this thread as closed, I'll try to do so now.
Janghou

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleting cache solved the problem that `Go to Declaration` stopped working after 8.0.1 update here.
Code:
~/.cache/netbeans/

So please before closing add that info to (to the subject header *SOLVED*)
JanManuel

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I have a similar issue. Autocomplete suddenly stopped working in 8.0, 8.0 RC1 and 8.0.2.
Deleting the cache sounded promising, but it did not help Sad.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

JM
JanManuel

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of fixed it. I tried to "upgrade" the project from PHP to html5, which seems to break things. I deleted the NetBeans project settings in my webroot and went back to the old separate php project.

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> PHP Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: