NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PHP 7 is coming soon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
figgy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: PHP 7 is coming soon Reply with quote

PHP 7 is just around the corner and I, among a couple of developers in my circles, are eager to have new projects utilize the upcoming features as soon as possible so our code base can be ready when PHP7 is included in main package repositories. Of course PHP 7 is still not complete and it will be a while but it would be nice to hear something from the Netbeans PHP department on the topic and how soon/long till we can expect the new features support like return-types, strict scalars and more?
figgy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have been nice to hear at least something, even a "we don't accept feature requests"/"it's planned but not due until 9.0" or something.

I don't want to be ungrateful because Netbeans is my home, just asking an honest question here.
Tomas Mysik
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject: PHP 7 is coming soon Reply with quote

Hi,

Dne 30.7.2015 v 15:14 figgy napsal(a):
Quote:
PHP 7 is just around the corner and I, among a couple of developers in my circles, are eager to have new projects utilize the upcoming features as soon as possible so our code base can be ready when PHP7 is included in main package repositories. Of course PHP 7 is still not complete and it will be a while but it would be nice to hear something from the Netbeans PHP department on the topic and how soon/long till we can expect the new features support like return-types, strict scalars and more?

PHP 7 is on our TODO list and we will support it in some of the new
version of NetBeans.

Thanks,
Tomas
figgy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great! Thank you for your reply.
Long Hao

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long Hao

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

androidping

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they say november, but until now it is not released. waiting it because they say it has better speed than hhvm, i use it on my website apktrunk.com and it has better speed in first time byte. Better than current php server. Just hope this version release soon.
TOliver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: PHP 7 has arrived Reply with quote

Hey guys, PHP 7 has arrived and it is much more faster, better and workable than its predecessors. You can get complete information on php.net website.
williamrouse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked at how to install PHP7 and Apache2.4.1.6 on my windows 10 system. After searching on the forum and download site I don't see if I can run PHP7 with the NetBeans IDE.
Is anyone working PHP7 on NetBeans 8.1.?
LukaCoder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I don't see a really huge problem to work with NB 8.1 without support for PHP 7.

The main problem is that you will not have syntax highlight for new php7 feature ( return type hint for exampe ), but, except for that, you can continue to work with NB without problem, until the support will be added ( very soon, I argue, due the importance of PHP7 )

Which other problems you can have without PHP7 support? you can debug and run your project without problem, do you?

Tks
williamrouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern is when the updates to PHP7 are coming, in updates to the present version of NetBeans or the next release?
pustofkj

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I'd like to ask if there is any progress with PHP7 integration? Is possible to say approx. when PHP7 will be integrated into Netbeans? According to NetBeans Release Roadmap, next release of Netbeans (version 9.0) will be introduced in the end of the september 2016, but it's quite long time from now, and It will be too late for my projects. Is there any better prognosis?

Thank you very much.

Btw to @LukaCoder I think it's not only about syntax highlighting, it's about autocompletition, IDE underlines wrong syntax and marks incorrect files and other things for you. So yes, you could work without any bigger problem, but your files will be marked with an exclamation mark as the errored ones, and "wrong" lines of code will be marked too and maybe there is more things about, which I don't know.
williamrouse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks "pustofkj"!
All of those things increase my speed and flags me as to somethings up. So I am still curious as how much effort is being placed and when the PHP7 additions will be added.
oliiix

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really CAN'T understand why there's no other Netbeans 8.x release under construction (maybe I'm wrong here but it's written like this on netbeans.org)! All my PHP files are marked that they contain errors... The release of PHP7 was in January and the next major Netbeans release is dated for autumn/winter??? I really cannot understand this as people are already working with PHP7... Looks like I have to switch to another IDE which makes updates for new language versions as they get released. So please tell us when you plan to release the Netbeans version (maybe a 8.2) that supports PHP7 completely. If I always have to wait for over half a year until new languages are supported I definitely switch to another IDE (very sad because i really love it but absolutely necessary!!!). This isn't working out for me
tkellerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oliiix wrote:
I really CAN'T understand why there's no other Netbeans 8.x release under construction (maybe I'm wrong here but it's written like this on netbeans.org)

The roadmap says otherwise:

https://netbeans.org/community/releases/roadmap.html

8.2 To be released in August 2016
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> PHP Users All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: