NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PHP 7 is coming soon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paolosca

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:49 am    Post subject: PHP 7 is coming soon Reply with quote

I understand that some may want to begin working with PHP7 immediately, but virtually all stable Linux distributions are still shipping with PHP 5.x and it may take a few years for the majority of web servers to run PHP7.

I'm sure most NetBeans users share my opinion that the NetBeans developers should release the PHP7 support when they feel it's ready for production rather than rushing and risk to deliver buggy code that won't be of much use for anyone.

Regards,

Paolo

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 4:17 AM, oliiix <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
I really CAN'T understand why there's no other Netbeans 8.x release under construction (maybe I'm wrong here but it's written like this on netbeans.org)! All my PHP files are marked that they contain errors... The release of PHP7 was in January and the next major Netbeans release is dated for autumn/winter??? I really cannot understand this as people are already working with PHP7... Looks like I have to switch to another IDE which makes updates for new language versions as they get released. So please tell us when you plan to release the Netbeans version (maybe a 8.2) that supports PHP7 completely. If I always have to wait for over half a year until new languages are supported I definitely switch to another IDE (very sad because i really love it but absolutely necessary!!!). This isn't working out for me

Tomas Mysik
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: PHP 7 is coming soon Reply with quote

Hi,

Dne Tuesday 29 of March 2016 16:17:54, oliiix napsal(a):
Quote:
I really CAN'T understand why there's no other Netbeans 8.x release under
construction (maybe I'm wrong here but it's written like this on
netbeans.org)! All my PHP files are marked that they contain errors... The
release of PHP7 was in January and the next major Netbeans release is dated
for autumn/winter??? I really cannot understand this as people are already
working with PHP7... Looks like I have to switch to another IDE which makes
updates for new language versions as they get released. So please tell us
when you plan to release the Netbeans version (maybe a 8.2) that supports
PHP7 completely. If I always have to wait for over half a year until new
languages are supported I definitely switch to another IDE (very sad
because i really love it but absolutely necessary!!!). This isn't working
out for me

PHP 7 support will be part of NetBeans 8.2. Please, watch our blog [1], we
will provide more information about it once it is ready to be tested in the
development version of NetBeans.

Thanks,
Tomas
[1] https://blogs.oracle.com/netbeansphp/
pranav

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Great news Reply with quote

I have read about it some where..hope you can also get acquainted with latest additions in PHP
In fact, 100-percent-plus performance improvements have been seen in version 7, Rasmus Lerdorf, the founder of the scripting language, said at the O'Reilly Fluent conference in San Francisco. Lerdorf further noted that this performance gain has been experienced in most "real-world" full-stack applications.

[ The art of programming is changing rapidly. We help you navigate what's hot in programming and what's going cold and give insights into the technologies that are changing how developers work. | Keep up with hot topics in app dev with InfoWorld's Application Development newsletter. ]
Based on the phpng branch of the language, version 7 is due as a first release candidate in June, and the final production version is expected in October. The phpng branch has been focused on such issues as how the language works with data structures, data types, and memory allocation.

The new version features engine improvements, lower memory usage, and native local thread storage. In fact, PHP 7's reduced need for servers makes it the environmentally sound choice, Lerdorf stressed. "Just in terms of being green, PHP 7 should pretty much be an essential upgrade for anybody who is running a lot of servers."

Version 7 is based on an abstract syntax tree, which should be worthwhile for anyone building add-on tools or conducting static analysis or profiling, Lerdorf said. Return types in PHP 7 feature a syntax to, for example, specify that a function returns an array. Strict types are offered as well. "Basically, strict types, if you turn them on, are super, super strict. It has to be the correct type," Lerdorf said.

Lerdorf also warned that the upgrade also deprecates some PHP 4 functions: "Chances are pretty good if your code is from 12 years ago, it will probably break under PHP 7. If it works under PHP 5, you should be fine."
paolosca

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: PHP 7 is coming soon Reply with quote

Spammers are getting very creative.

On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 5:10 PM, pranav <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
I have read about it some where..hope you can also get acquainted with latest additions in PHP
In fact, 100-percent-plus performance improvements have been seen in version 7, Rasmus Lerdorf, the founder of the scripting language, said at the O'Reilly Fluent conference in San Francisco. Lerdorf further noted that this performance gain has been experienced in most "real-world" full-stack applications.

[ The art of programming is changing rapidly. We help you navigate what's hot in programming and what's going cold and give insights into the technologies that are changing how developers work. | Keep up with hot topics in app dev with InfoWorld's Application Development newsletter. ]
Based on the phpng branch of the language, version 7 is due as a first release candidate in June, and the final production version is expected in October. The phpng branch has been focused on such issues as how the language works with data structures, data types, and memory allocation.

The new version features engine improvements, lower memory usage, and native local thread storage. In fact, PHP 7's reduced need for servers makes it the environmentally sound choice, Lerdorf stressed. "Just in terms of being green, PHP 7 should pretty much be an essential upgrade for anybody who is running a lot of servers."

Version 7 is based on an abstract syntax tree, which should be worthwhile for anyone building add-on tools or conducting static analysis or profiling, Lerdorf said. Return types in PHP 7 feature a syntax to, for example, specify that a function returns an array. Strict types are offered as well. "Basically, strict types, if you turn them on, are super, super strict. It has to be the correct type," Lerdorf said.

Lerdorf also warned that the upgrade also deprecates some PHP 4 functions: "Chances are pretty good if your code is from 12 years ago, it will probably break under PHP 7. If it works under PHP 5, you should be fine."[/url]

Tomas Mysik
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: PHP 7 is coming soon Reply with quote

Hi all,

Dne St 30. b
StanGuerin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHP 7 is based on an abstract syntax tree. Return types in PHP 7 feature a syntax to, for example, specify that a function returns an array. Strict types are offered as well.
yakuzama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also using PHP 7 on my website and its just running perfect Smile
DrGam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Php 7 has come and that's very good, after useing it my website loads much faster, you can see Apkplaygame gets good results in speed tests and that's due to PHP 7, waiting for PHP 7.1 support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> PHP Users All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: