NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IDE project navigation tabs are cut off and not fully visible on fedora24 linux - system font error?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grostig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:24 am    Post subject: IDE project navigation tabs are cut off and not fully visible on fedora24 linux - system font error? Reply with quote

When loading the netbeans IDE, the project navigation tabs are cut off and not fully visible.

I believe this is related to the size of fonts. I have already resolved a problem where most text was cut off within the IDE by using "tweak-tool" and reducing the size of all types of fonts for the standard GNOME shell of fedora linux. This change impacted netbean's behaviour.

I have a new clean netbeans 8.1 install on fully a updated fedora-24 linux 64 bit machine.

I have also already tried deleting the ~/.netbeans directory.

The attached picture show the symptom.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Screenshot from 2016-08-02 21-05-05.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.88 KB
 Viewed:  1409 Time(s)

Screenshot from 2016-08-02 21-05-05.png

cp7781

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: IDE project navigation tabs are cut off and not fully visible on fedora24 linux - system font error? Reply with quote

grostig wrote:
I believe this is related to the size of fonts. I have already resolved a problem where most text was cut off within the IDE by using "tweak-tool" and reducing the size of all types of fonts for the standard GNOME shell of fedora linux. This change impacted netbean's behaviour.

Try to adjust the font size for the menus. It probably won't make any difference, but it would be an option for me.

http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqFontSize
grostig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: IDE project navigation tabs are cut off and not fully visible on fedora24 linux - system font error? Reply with quote

cp7781 wrote:
grostig wrote:

Try to adjust the font size for the menus. It probably won't make any difference, but it would be an option for me.

Thanks for the suggestion, I forgot to mention that that did not make a difference with the tab problem.
Stanislav Baiduzhyi
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: IDE project navigation tabs are cut off and not fully visible on fedora24 linux - system font error? Reply with quote

It looks like you are using GTK look and feel. I would suggest you to try one of those and choose which you like better:/path/to/nb/netbeans --laf Metal
/path/to/nb/netbeans --laf Nimbus

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 11:36 AM grostig <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:

Quote:

cp7781 wrote:
Quote:

grostig wrote:
Quote:
I believe this is related to the size of fonts.  I have already resolved a problem where most text was cut off within the IDE by using "tweak-tool" and reducing the size of all types of fonts for the standard GNOME shell of fedora linux.  This change impacted netbean's behaviour.

Thanks for the suggestion, I forgot to mention that that did not make a difference with the tab problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: