NetBeans Forums

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  

Tomcat 6.0.18 install in NB 6.5 - authentication required

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Leonid Shchervinsky
Posted via mailing list.





PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Tomcat 6.0.18 install in NB 6.5 - authentication required Reply with quote

I have just uninstalled and then reinstalled Tomcat 6.0.18 using NB 6.5
installer.

When I try to start up Tomcat from within NB, I get an authentication
prompt:

Authentication Required
Tomcat Manager Application
User Name:
Password:

What should I enter?

Thanks
Leonid
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Tomcat-6.0.18-install-in-NB-6.5---authentication-required-tp21054529p21054529.html
Sent from the Netbeans Project Developers (not for user help) mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Back to top
raven
Posted via mailing list.





PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Tomcat 6.0.18 install in NB 6.5 - authentication required Reply with quote

Leonid Shchervinsky ha scritto:
Quote:
I have just uninstalled and then reinstalled Tomcat 6.0.18 using NB 6.5
installer.

When I try to start up Tomcat from within NB, I get an authentication
prompt:

Authentication Required
Tomcat Manager Application
User Name:
Password:

What should I enter?

Thanks
Leonid

Did you ever think to googling before posting?
http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqInstallationDefaultTomcatPassword
Back to top
Leonid Shchervinsky
Posted via mailing list.





PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Tomcat 6.0.18 install in NB 6.5 - authentication required Reply with quote

Hi Raven:

Thank you for your suggestion :-)

I have looked at my tomcat-users.xml file and there is not ide user listed
in it...

Here is what I have in the file right after the install:

<tomcat-users>
<!--
<role rolename="tomcat"/>
<role rolename="role1"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
<user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
<user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
-->
</tomcat-users>

Notice that the whole section is commented out...

What might have gone wrong and how would I correct it?

Thanks
Leonid


raven-10 wrote:
Quote:

Leonid Shchervinsky ha scritto:
Quote:
I have just uninstalled and then reinstalled Tomcat 6.0.18 using NB 6.5
installer.

When I try to start up Tomcat from within NB, I get an authentication
prompt:

Authentication Required
Tomcat Manager Application
User Name:
Password:

What should I enter?

Thanks
Leonid

Did you ever think to googling before posting?
http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqInstallationDefaultTomcatPassword



--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Tomcat-6.0.18-install-in-NB-6.5---authentication-required-tp21054529p21062288.html
Sent from the Netbeans Project Developers (not for user help) mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Back to top
Leonid Shchervinsky
Posted via mailing list.





PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Tomcat 6.0.18 install in NB 6.5 - authentication required Reply with quote

If the user 'ide' was not created on install, how would I create it manual?

Thanks
Leonid


Leonid Shchervinsky wrote:
Quote:

Hi Raven:

Thank you for your suggestion :-)

I have looked at my tomcat-users.xml file and there is not ide user listed
in it...

Here is what I have in the file right after the install:

<tomcat-users>
<!--
<role rolename="tomcat"/>
<role rolename="role1"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
<user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
<user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
-->
</tomcat-users>

Notice that the whole section is commented out...

What might have gone wrong and how would I correct it?

Thanks
Leonid


raven-10 wrote:
Quote:

Leonid Shchervinsky ha scritto:
Quote:
I have just uninstalled and then reinstalled Tomcat 6.0.18 using NB 6.5
installer.

When I try to start up Tomcat from within NB, I get an authentication
prompt:

Authentication Required
Tomcat Manager Application
User Name:
Password:

What should I enter?

Thanks
Leonid

Did you ever think to googling before posting?
http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqInstallationDefaultTomcatPassword





--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Tomcat-6.0.18-install-in-NB-6.5---authentication-required-tp21054529p21062587.html
Sent from the Netbeans Project Developers (not for user help) mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Back to top
Leonid Shchervinsky
Posted via mailing list.





PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Tomcat 6.0.18 install in NB 6.5 - authentication required Reply with quote

Tried it - adding a user to tomcat-users.xml myself. Did not work. It is as
though conf xml files have not been updated on install and not even loading
correctly.



Leonid Shchervinsky wrote:
Quote:

If the user 'ide' was not created on install, how would I create it
manual?

Thanks
Leonid


Leonid Shchervinsky wrote:
Quote:

Hi Raven:

Thank you for your suggestion :-)

I have looked at my tomcat-users.xml file and there is not ide user
listed in it...

Here is what I have in the file right after the install:

<tomcat-users>
<!--
<role rolename="tomcat"/>
<role rolename="role1"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
<user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
<user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
-->
</tomcat-users>

Notice that the whole section is commented out...

What might have gone wrong and how would I correct it?

Thanks
Leonid


raven-10 wrote:
Quote:

Leonid Shchervinsky ha scritto:
Quote:
I have just uninstalled and then reinstalled Tomcat 6.0.18 using NB 6.5
installer.

When I try to start up Tomcat from within NB, I get an authentication
prompt:

Authentication Required
Tomcat Manager Application
User Name:
Password:

What should I enter?

Thanks
Leonid

Did you ever think to googling before posting?
http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqInstallationDefaultTomcatPassword







--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Tomcat-6.0.18-install-in-NB-6.5---authentication-required-tp21054529p21077483.html
Sent from the Netbeans Project Developers (not for user help) mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB
By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo