NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C on mac OS X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sinaAESD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: C on mac OS X Reply with quote

Hello,

This might have been posted before but I could not find anything, so here it goes.

I have installed Netbeans 8.2 on OS X El Captain (version 10.11.6).

building works (following the procedures in the forums) but I cannot debug the code. My tool collections include GNU and CLang. The path is /usr/bin and gcc and make are connected for the compiler and make command (both for GNU) but no debugger.

When running a debug, it seems like some download is running but it never finishes and always restarts.

In the forum it says that Xcode should be dialled back to an earlier version, but I cannot do it because of other programs running on my system. How can i fix this?

Thanks
sinaAESD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update: I tried to install Xcode 4.something simultaneously with my current Xcode but I received the warning that this version is not compatible with my OS.
soldatov

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- You can build GDB from source code
- You can use GDB from MacPorts, Homebrew, ...
- You can use lldb-mi from XCode
sinaAESD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, I used brew and it solved everything.
After your reply I found this and I post it here, may be it will be useful for some other new comer like me!

https://www.ics.uci.edu/~pattis/common/handouts/macmingweclipse/allexperimental/mac-gdb-install.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> C/C++ Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: