NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Build Root@localhost on ubuntu not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dk1979

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Build Root@localhost on ubuntu not working Reply with quote

As continue of a previous post of mine regarding debugging with sudo under ubuntu I got the proposal to create a "remote location" root@localhost and set it for your project configuration. However I tried to build a different host with host name root@localhost via port 22 but I always got the message
Unable to establish connection with root@localhost on port 22.
I configured the shh client correctly because when I use in terminal : ssh root@localhost it connects successfully. I also give sudo ufw allow 22 to allow port 22 to listen to ssh. Does anyone give a hint on how to proceed because it will be very hard to change IDE at this time of project development?
Paulo R. Panhoto
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Build Root@localhost on ubuntu not working Reply with quote

Is this a password issue?

As I recall, Ubuntu enforces using sudo over su, such as I never knew a root password in a Ubuntu host.

One possible way is running "sudo passwd" to manually set a root password.

Then, connect using that password to root@localhost using standard ssh client.

Set that same password in NetBeans and I think you will be fine.

On 1 Feb 2017 8:14 a.m., "dk1979" <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
As continue of a previous post of mine regarding debugging with sudo under ubuntu I got the proposal to create a "remote location" root@localhost and set it for your project configuration. However I tried to build a different host with host name root@localhost via port 22 but I always got the message
Unable to establish connection with root@localhost on port 22.
I configured the shh client correctly becauseĀ  when I use in terminal : ssh root@localhost it connects successfully. I also give sudo ufw allow 22 to allow port 22 to listen to ssh. Does anyone give a hint on how to proceed because it will be very hard to change IDE at this time of project development?

dk1979

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Build Root@localhost on ubuntu not working Reply with quote

Hi again ,
I did what you mentioned . Connect ssh to root@localhost with root password succesfully. Open Netbeans add new host , in the hostname I entered root@localhost but the refreshing hosts list gave nothing without letting me provide password. I also tried root but the same result. Is it possible from the same ubuntu instance to se root@localhost or should one use it only from another host ?
Paulo R. Panhoto
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Build Root@localhost on ubuntu not working Reply with quote

Right click the build host and check its properties. I'll send a screenshot soon.

On 3 Feb 2017 03:26, "dk1979" <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Hi again ,
I did what you mentioned . Connect ssh to root@localhost with root password succesfully. Open Netbeans add new host , in the hostname I entered root@localhostĀ  but the refreshing hosts list gave nothing without letting me provide password. I also tried root but the same result. Is it possible from the same ubuntu instance to se root@localhost or should one use it only from another host ?

Paulo R. Panhoto
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Build Root@localhost on ubuntu not working Reply with quote

So, I right clicked a remote host and then, clicked on properties. Got this window:

In your case, select password and the password will be asked upon connection.

as for the bottom part of our properties, since we're dealing with localhost, you can leave "System level file sharing" but an extra step is required: right click the build host and then, select "path mapper". This window will pop up:

Since this is the same host, I think you'll be fine if you type / in the Local Path and / in the Remote Path. This way, netbeans will find your sources inside your user directory and build the root@localhost there (inside build and dist subdirectories respectively).

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 8:16 AM, Paulo R. Panhoto <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Right click the build host and check its properties. I'll send a screenshot soon.

On 3 Feb 2017 03:26, "dk1979" <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
Hi again ,
I did what you mentioned . Connect ssh to root@localhost with root password succesfully. Open Netbeans add new host , in the hostname I entered root@localhostĀ  but the refreshing hosts list gave nothing without letting me provide password. I also tried root but the same result. Is it possible from the same ubuntu instance to se root@localhost or should one use it only from another host ?

image.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.86 KB
 Viewed:  2038 Time(s)

image.png

image.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.04 KB

image.png

image.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.14 KB

image.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> C/C++ Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: