NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommend usable dark theme

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kAlvaro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Recommend usable dark theme Reply with quote

I've been trying out several dark themes but all of them, including bundled ones, are still too unpolished to be usable. In particular, stuff like Diff panels tends to be completely unreadable.

Could you recommend me a dark them that's polished enough for daily usage in PHP environment? (That is: PHP, HTML, JavaScript and CSS). I'm only interested in code colours, not NetBeans GUI itself.

Thank you in advance.
LukaCoder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using "Darcula" Look & Feel and color profile; I think that is perfect, I use it 26 hours a day !!!! Very Happy
kAlvaro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukaCoder wrote:
I'm using "Darcula" Look & Feel and color profile; I think that is perfect, I use it 26 hours a day !!!! Very Happy

Thank you for your feedback. At first I was confused (I did try the Darcula profile and it's as unreadable as other themes). Then I realised that I might also need to change the application look & feel and... that was it! Apparently, you cannot use dark profiles unless you also change the look & feel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> PHP Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: