NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chrome download warning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aarffy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Chrome download warning Reply with quote

When trying to download 8.2 Chrome gives me a strong danger warning and stops the download. I tried it twice from here:

https://netbeans.org/downloads/

selecting x64 version of the php bundle
DERIK DEVECCHIO
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Compiling NB project created on OS X using NB running on Windows. Reply with quote

It seems that to use Native installers for Windows I must use NetBeans on Windows. Similarly to make native installers for OSX, I need to be running NetBeans on a Mac. That is, I can’t make Windows installers from my OS X development station. Is that correct? If that is NOT correct, then none of what follows is matters.

Okay, if you are still reading, then I will assume it is necessary to compile the code on windows to make a windows installer. I installed a copy of NetBeans 8.1 on Windows 10, and also JDKs for 1.6 and 1.8. After starting Netbeans, I loaded the project (it is on a network drive accessible to both computers). The project will load but it will not compile. It gives the following error.

Z:\Projects\PC_Software\CFM\CFM_2.0\_current\nbproject\build-impl.xml:1413: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Z:\Projects\PC_Software\CFM\CFM_2.0\_current\nbproject\build-impl.xml:1443: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Z:\NetBeansProjects\org.derik\util\nbproject\build-impl.xml:86: The J2SE Platform is not correctly set up.
Your active platform is: JDK_1.6, but the corresponding property "platforms.JDK_1.6.home" is not found in the project's properties files.
Either open the project in the IDE and setup the Platform with the same name or add it manually.

But even if I switch Java source and Java platform (in the libraries tab) to Java8, I still get the error listed above referring to JDK 1.6. So I can’t figure out how to do this from the IDE.
If I go to Manage Platforms (in the project properties dialog Library tab) then I can see the platforms point to the appropriate directories for the JDK).
So anyway, I don’t know what to do in the IDE to create the necessary “property”. And I am afraid that if I do create it, then it won’t compile on the OS X platform anymore.

So what about the “manually” option. The error message goes on to say.

For example like this:
ant -Duser.properties.file=<path_to_property_file> jar (where you put the property "platforms.JDK_1.6.home" in a .properties file)
or ant -Dplatforms.JDK_1.6.home=<path_to_JDK_home> jar (where no properties file is used)

Unfortunately that doesn’t make any sense to me. Do I type that on the command line? Would I need to be in some special directory for that to work?

Are the projects created by the OS X version of Netbeans fundamentally different than the ones created by Netbeans on the Widnows environment? If so, how do people make installers for the platform they don’t develop on?
DERIK DEVECCHIO
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Chrome download warning Reply with quote

Are you on Windows? OS X? Linux?
I downloaded 8.2 from the home page less than an hour ago using Chrome and Windows 10. I did not have the difficulties you describe. Maybe you could send us a screen shot of the error message?

Quote:
On Feb 22, 2017, at 2:32 PM, aarffy <address-removed> wrote:

When trying to download 8.2 Chrome gives me a strong danger warning and stops the download. I tried it twice.

kejoon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Problem downloading Netbeans Reply with quote

I tried downloading "all" , "c++ x64", "php", "HTML5/JavaScript" and "Java EE"
all have the same problem on Windows 10 64 Bit, windows 8 64 bit and Windows 7 32 bit
all using chrome Version 56.0.2924.87

while "Java SE" downloads ok

NetBeans problem.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.54 KB
 Viewed:  4664 Time(s)

NetBeans problem.png

Bayless
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Compiling NB project created on OS X using NB running on Windows. Reply with quote

You definitely can create and compile a project on Windows or OSX and it
will run on either platform. I have a couple of projects that I have
been doing that for more than a year. They were originally developed in
Windows and for Windows. The client later changed to Apples and
everything moved without incidents. Lately I have been maintaining on
Linux, also with no issues.

On 02/24/2017 09:33 PM, DERIK DEVECCHIO wrote:
Quote:
It seems that to use Native installers for Windows I must use NetBeans on Windows. Similarly to make native installers for OSX, I need to be running NetBeans on a Mac. That is, I can’t make Windows installers from my OS X development station. Is that correct? If that is NOT correct, then none of what follows is matters.

Okay, if you are still reading, then I will assume it is necessary to compile the code on windows to make a windows installer. I installed a copy of NetBeans 8.1 on Windows 10, and also JDKs for 1.6 and 1.8. After starting Netbeans, I loaded the project (it is on a network drive accessible to both computers). The project will load but it will not compile. It gives the following error.

Z:\Projects\PC_Software\CFM\CFM_2.0\_current\nbproject\build-impl.xml:1413: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Z:\Projects\PC_Software\CFM\CFM_2.0\_current\nbproject\build-impl.xml:1443: The following error occurred while executing this line:
Z:\NetBeansProjects\org.derik\util\nbproject\build-impl.xml:86: The J2SE Platform is not correctly set up.
Your active platform is: JDK_1.6, but the corresponding property "platforms.JDK_1.6.home" is not found in the project's properties files.
Either open the project in the IDE and setup the Platform with the same name or add it manually.

But even if I switch Java source and Java platform (in the libraries tab) to Java8, I still get the error listed above referring to JDK 1.6. So I can’t figure out how to do this from the IDE.
If I go to Manage Platforms (in the project properties dialog Library tab) then I can see the platforms point to the appropriate directories for the JDK).
So anyway, I don’t know what to do in the IDE to create the necessary “property”. And I am afraid that if I do create it, then it won’t compile on the OS X platform anymore.

For example like this:
ant -Duser.properties.file=<path_to_property_file> jar (where you put the property "platforms.JDK_1.6.home" in a .properties file)
or ant -Dplatforms.JDK_1.6.home=<path_to_JDK_home> jar (where no properties file is used)

Unfortunately that doesn’t make any sense to me. Do I type that on the command line? Would I need to be in some special directory for that to work?

Are the projects created by the OS X version of Netbeans fundamentally different than the ones created by Netbeans on the Widnows environment? If so, how do people make installers for the platform they don’t develop on?

Sean Carrick
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Compiling NB project created on OS X using NB running on Windows. Reply with quote

Derik,

You would put those compiler flags into the "Command-line Options" field on your project's properties "Compiler" tab. There's no need to drop to the command-line to do so.

Personally, I run Linux and am able to compile once and generate Windows and MacOS installers all from this one workstation. I don't know if one is able to do that from Windows or MacOS or not, but it seems that you should be able to, if the options to do so are available. The primary difference between the different installers is the file format the project is packaged into. For example, ".exe" on Windows and ".dpkg" (I think) on MacOS. Furthermore, I'm able to create an installer for Solaris from my Linux system and I don't recall seeing that option when I was in Windows.

I hope some of this has helped you out. I'm sure you will get other responses as well.
Quote:
--
[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/ucwebapp.wisestamp.com/13aab24c-4877-4ae8-97d8-e5b95d5767a8/IntegritySolutionsSplash.format_png.resize_200x.png#logo[/img]
Sean Carrick
VP Software Development, Integrity Solutions
address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email]) [url=http://facebook.com/PekinSOFT][/url]

On Sat, 2017-02-25 at 03:33 +0000, DERIK DEVECCHIO wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

For example like this:

Sean Carrick
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Compiling NB project created on OS X using NB running on Windows. Reply with quote

Bayless,

I think developing on Linux is truly the key...
Quote:
--
[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/ucwebapp.wisestamp.com/13aab24c-4877-4ae8-97d8-e5b95d5767a8/IntegritySolutionsSplash.format_png.resize_200x.png#logo[/img]
Sean Carrick
VP Software Development, Integrity Solutions
address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email]) [url=http://facebook.com/PekinSOFT][/url]

On Sat, 2017-02-25 at 07:45 -0600, Bayless wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
You definitely can create and compile a project on Windows or OSX and it
will run on either platform. I have a couple of projects that I have
been doing that for more than a year. They were originally developed in
Windows and for Windows. The client later changed to Apples and
everything moved without incidents. Lately I have been maintaining on
Linux, also with no issues.

On 02/24/2017 09:33 PM, DERIK DEVECCHIO wrote:
Quote:

For example like this:

markwade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Compiling NB project created on OS X using NB running on Windows. Reply with quote

If your project is a "NetBeans Platform Application", under "Project
Properties -> " are checkboxes to generate installers for Windows,
Linux, Mac OS X, and Solaris, this on a Linux machine.

If your project is a "Java Application", under "Project Properties
->Deployment" there is a checkbox to "Enable Native Packaging Actions in
Project Menu" but I believe you are correct you can only generate
installers for the OS you are operating under. My options on a Linux
machine are to generate .deb or .rpm packages. I'm sorry, I didn't have
time to check on Windows but I would think it would also be OS specific.

As to:

Quote:
The J2SE Platform is not correctly set up.

I think that has to do with the naming of your 1.6 installations on the
two different machines. Check that they are both named exactly the same.

On 02/24/2017 10:33 PM, DERIK DEVECCHIO wrote:
Quote:

For example like this:

calddd999

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting the same download warning when using Chrome/Win 10, attempting to download the PHP bundle. Chrome doesn't give me the option to accept the risk and continue.

Tried Firefox, it throws a similar warning, won't let me proceed.

I'm stuck. I want to, but can't, install NetBeans..
tkellerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calddd999 wrote:
I am getting the same download warning when using Chrome/Win 10, attempting to download the PHP bundle. Chrome doesn't give me the option to accept the risk and continue.

Tried Firefox, it throws a similar warning, won't let me proceed

Works for me with Windows 7 and Firefox 51.

Another option is to download the ZIP archive instead of the installer:

https://netbeans.org/downloads/zip.html
geertjan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Chrome download warning Reply with quote

We believe it's a false positive, trying to figure out what the problem
might be but it's hard to know.

Indeed, the ZIP files are worth trying -- and for me I don't see any
such warning at all.

Gj

On 28-2-2017 15:16, tkellerer wrote:
Quote:
calddd999 wrote:
Quote:

Tried Firefox, it throws a similar warning, won't let me proceed
Works for me with Windows 7 and Firefox 51.

Another option is to download the ZIP archive instead of the installer:

https://netbeans.org/downloads/zip.html

tkellerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Chrome download warning Reply with quote

geertjan wrote:
We believe it's a false positive, trying to figure out what the problem
might be but it's hard to know.

Indeed, the ZIP files are worth trying -- and for me I don't see any
such warning at all.
Given the fact that this just started recently and the files haven't been updated since September 2016 I would assume it's some kind of new signature or update of the involved browsers that now gives that false positive.

This even made it to Stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/q/42494919/330315
rsearjeant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Chrome(Version 56.0.2924.87) and Firefox (version 51.0.1) continue to flag the EXE download as 'dangerous' on my laptop (Windows 10 Professional). The zip file is fine.

I've attached screenshots.

I'm sure these are false-positives but this may well discourage people with no previous experience of Netbeans from downloading / trying it.

nb-ffox.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.11 KB
 Viewed:  4338 Time(s)

nb-ffox.PNG

nb-chrome.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.92 KB
 Viewed:  4338 Time(s)

nb-chrome.PNG

tkellerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsearjeant wrote:
I'm sure these are false-positives but this may well discourage people with no previous experience of Netbeans from downloading / trying it.
Then you should report that to Google (the makers of Chrome) not to the NetBeans people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: