NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to change automatic indentation in Netbeans 8.1 (Tools->Options doesn't exist)?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharType

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: How to change automatic indentation in Netbeans 8.1 (Tools->Options doesn't exist)? Reply with quote

I'd like to make a few adjustments to how Netbeans automatically indents my code, but I can't figure out how. Everything I've seen so far tells me to go to Tools->Options, but there is no such option on my version of Netbeans. I've clicked on "Tools", but there's no "Options" in the dropdown menu. I'm using Netbeans 7.1 on Mac OS X Sierra. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks.
Sean Carrick
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: How to change automatic indentation in Netbeans 8.1 (Tools->Options doesn't exist)? Reply with quote

For indentation, you need to navigate to the Options dialog, then click on the Editor tab. There is a field on this tab that allows you to set the indentation level and whether to replace tabs with spaces.
Quote:
--
[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/ucwebapp.wisestamp.com/13aab24c-4877-4ae8-97d8-e5b95d5767a8/IntegritySolutionsSplash.format_png.resize_200x.png#logo[/img]
Sean Carrick
VP Software Development, Integrity Solutions
address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email]) [url=http://facebook.com/PekinSOFT][/url]

On Sat, 2017-02-25 at 20:05 +0000, CharType wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'd like to make a few adjustments to how Netbeans automatically indents my code, but I can't figure out how. Everything I've seen so far tells me to go to Tools->Options, but there is no such option on my version of Netbeans. I've clicked on "Tools", but there's no "Options" in the dropdown menu. I'm using Netbeans 7.1 on Mac OS X Sierra. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks.

markwade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: How to change automatic indentation in Netbeans 8.1 (Tools->Options doesn't exist)? Reply with quote

On Mac OS X it's "NetBeans -> Preferences"

On 02/25/2017 03:05 PM, CharType wrote:
Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: