NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NetBeans 6.5 get stuck on "Done loading modules" at start up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackmd2k

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: NetBeans 6.5 get stuck on "Done loading modules" at start up Reply with quote

Hi,

i am using Net Beans 6.5 and installed java version is 1.6.0_12.

i downloaded the Ice Faces 1.8 RC plugins and installed into the NetBeans.

And after playing a while with ICEFaces , IDE is getting stuck at start up time and the message it shows is "Done loading modules" . It is remaining there only and not starting at all.

To fix this problem , as mentioned in the thread http://forums.netbeans.org/ptopic2566.html ,

i deleted the [default_user_dir]/.netbeans folder. Because of this , the IDE is starting but leaving me in default state and i am losing all project settings. I have to open all my projects again and

even i need to create the DB. Everytime it is time consuming process.

Before installing ICEFaces plugins , NetBeans never behaved in this way. But when started working with ICEFaces , i am facing this problem again and again. I guess ICEFaces 1.8 RC is causing problem.

Please suggest any fixes, if anyone came across with similar problem.

Thank you.
Melongo Annabel
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: NetBeans 6.5 get stuck on "Done loading modules" at start up Reply with quote

Can you file an entry for this at: http://www.netbeans.org/issues
While doing so, make sure you include the NB version, the jdk and the OS. Thanks

To: address-removed
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:43:50 AM
Subject: [nbusers] NetBeans 6.5 get stuck on "Done loading modules" at start up

Hi,

And after playing a while with ICEFaces , IDE is getting stuck at start up time and the message it shows is "Done loading modules" . It is remaining there only and not starting at all.

To fix this problem , as mentioned in the thread http://forums.netbeans.org/ptopic2566.html ,

i deleted the [default_user_dir]/.netbeans folder. Because of this , the IDE is starting but leaving me in default state and i am losing all project settings. I have to open all my projects again and

Before installing ICEFaces plugins , NetBeans never behaved in this way. But when started working with ICEFaces , i am facing this problem again and again. I guess ICEFaces 1.8 RC is causing problem.

Thank you.
jackmd2k

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Found Fix for the netbeans 6.5 freezing and not opening Reply with quote

Netbeans opens correctly all windows and freezes. Even restarting does not help. It is caused by deserialization of your last window settings, open views etc. Sometimes (e.g. after installation of a new plugin), Netbeans is no more able to restore the settings, which manifestates in stack trace similar to [./netbeans/var/log/messages.log]:

INFO [org.netbeans.core.windows.persistence]: [PersistenceManager.getTopComponentForID] Problem when deserializing TopComponent for tcID:'MultiView-PageFlow#007CXML#007C'. Reason: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.netbeans.modules.web.jsf.JSFConfigMultiviewDescriptor$JSFConfigMultiviewElement.<init>()

Caused: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.netbeans.modules.web.jsf.JSFConfigMultiviewDescriptor$JSFConfigMultiviewElement.<init>()
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2706)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.java:1985)
at org.openide.windows.TopComponent$Replacer.readObject(TopComponent.java:1469)
Caused: java.io.IOException
at org.openide.windows.TopComponent$Replacer.readObject(TopComponent.java:1525)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:974)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1849)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1753)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1329)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:351)
at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewPeer.peerReadExternal(MultiViewPeer.java:442)
at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewCloneableTopComponent.readExternal(MultiViewCloneableTopComponent.java:201)
at org.openide.windows.TopComponent$Replacer.readObject(TopComponent.java:1478)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:974)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1849)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1753)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1329)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:351)
at org.netbeans.modules.settings.convertors.XMLSettingsSupport$SettingsRecognizer.readSerial(XMLSettingsSupport.java:544)
at org.netbeans.modules.settings.convertors.XMLSettingsSupport$SettingsRecognizer.instanceCreate(XMLSettingsSupport.java:576)
at org.netbeans.modules.settings.convertors.SerialDataConvertor$SettingsInstance.instanceCreate(SerialDataConvertor.java:420)

The problem can be easily fixed by removing the particular file (MultiView-PageFlow#007CXML#007C.setting in my case), or if you are lazy, all [XYZ].setting files from: .netbeans\6.5\config\Windows2Local\Components. It will have similar effect to the "Reset Window" action.
Holger Burde
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: NetBeans 6.5 get stuck on "Done loading modules" at start up Reply with quote

Hi;

I and a college use Icefaces 1.8RC since its out without such problems. I guess the problem is caused by something else.

Iceface 1.8RC
Netbeans 6.5 all patches applied
Java 1.5.x (me) , Java 1.6.x (college)
MS XPee Mighty Crap Edition

PS A college had a similiar problem (hangs) some weeks ago and did a re-install of Netbeans which 'solved' the problem.

hb

Am 11.03.2009 um 22:41 schrieb Melongo Annabel:
Quote:
While doing so, make sure you include the NB version, the jdk and the OS. Thanks

From: jackmd2k <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])>
To: address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])

Hi,

Thank you.

Melongo Annabel
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: NetBeans 6.5 get stuck on "Done loading modules" at start up Reply with quote

Holger,
Here's is not the place to put it. The link is: http://www.netbeans.org/issues . I swear if you put that information here, there's ZERO chance of it being reviewed. Thanks.

Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:45:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nbusers] NetBeans 6.5 get stuck on "Done loading modules" at start up

Hi;

I and a college use Icefaces 1.8RC since its out without such problems. I guess the problem is caused by something else.

Iceface 1.8RC

PS A college had a similiar problem (hangs) some weeks ago and did a re-install of Netbeans which 'solved' the problem.

hb

Quote:

Hi,

Thank you.

Melongo Annabel
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: NetBeans 6.5 get stuck on "Done loading modules" at start up Reply with quote

After you create your issue, then paste that issue link here. Thanks.

Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 1:45:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nbusers] NetBeans 6.5 get stuck on "Done loading modules" at start up

Hi;

Iceface 1.8RC

hb

Quote:

Hi,

Thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: