NetBeans Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Etracting Diff API as a Separate Project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmranganathan

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Etracting Diff API as a Separate Project Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
I have been trying to extract the Diff API into a stand-alone project (Inspired by Emilian Bold who extracted the progress-api).

Finally, I have reached a stage where I have extracted the diff part successfully (only the text diff, not the visualizers).

I would like to post the code somewhere and also make this available as a maven artifact.

I do not know where or how to do this. Please let me know.

I can explain what I have done and have some questions too. Also, if someone can review, that would be great too (I can post the code to my Github account for review).

Thanks,
Ranga.
geertjan

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Etracting Diff API as a Separate Project Reply with quote

Is it similar to this:
https://github.com/GeertjanWielenga/netbeans-visual-diff-standalone

Gj

On 22-5-2015 11:53, kmranganathan wrote:
Quote:
Hi Everyone,
I have been trying to extract the Diff API into a stand-alone project (Inspired by Emilian Bold who extracted the progress-api).

Finally, I have reached a stage where I have extracted the diff part successfully (only the text diff, not the visualizers).

I would like to post the code somewhere and also make this available as a maven artifact.

I do not know where or how to do this. Please let me know.

I can explain what I have done and have some questions too. Also, if someone can review, that would be great too (I can post the code to my Github account for review).

Thanks,
Ranga.

kmranganathan

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Etracting Diff API as a Separate Project Reply with quote

Oops! Was not aware of this.

What I have done is much smaller subset of this. Just text diff - basically uses the BuiltInDiffProvider and CmdLineDiffprovider along with Hunk, HuntDiff and UnifiedDiff classes.

However, I have not used any 'org.openide' stuff - can be used just along with JDK...
Ernie Rael
Posted via mailing list.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Etracting Diff API as a Separate Project Reply with quote

On 5/24/2015 6:03 AM, kmranganathan wrote:
Quote:
Oops! Was not aware of this.

What I have done is much smaller subset of this. Just text diff - basically uses the BuiltInDiffProvider and CmdLineDiffprovider along with Hunk, HuntDiff and UnifiedDiff classes.

However, I have not used any 'org.openide' stuff - can be used just along with JDK...
In case its not clear, the "'org.openide' stuff" is a jar file (not an
nbm) and can be used with any standalone app. Look in
<nb-install-dir>/platform/lib/

-ernie
Quote:

kmranganathan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Etracting Diff API as a Separate Project Reply with quote

Ernie Rael wrote:

In case its not clear, the "'org.openide' stuff" is a jar file (not an
nbm) and can be used with any standalone app. Look in
<nb-install-dir>/platform/lib/

-ernie

Oh ok, I was not aware of this.

However, I still think this can be used as a pure text diff jar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Platform Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: