NetBeans Forums

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  

Etracting Diff API as a Separate Project

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Platform Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kmranganathan



Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Etracting Diff API as a Separate Project Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
I have been trying to extract the Diff API into a stand-alone project (Inspired by Emilian Bold who extracted the progress-api).

Finally, I have reached a stage where I have extracted the diff part successfully (only the text diff, not the visualizers).

I would like to post the code somewhere and also make this available as a maven artifact.

I do not know where or how to do this. Please let me know.

I can explain what I have done and have some questions too. Also, if someone can review, that would be great too (I can post the code to my Github account for review).


Thanks,
Ranga.
Back to top
geertjan



Joined: 22 Jan 2014
Posts: 978

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Etracting Diff API as a Separate Project Reply with quote

Is it similar to this:
https://github.com/GeertjanWielenga/netbeans-visual-diff-standalone

Gj

On 22-5-2015 11:53, kmranganathan wrote:
Quote:
Hi Everyone,
I have been trying to extract the Diff API into a stand-alone project (Inspired by Emilian Bold who extracted the progress-api).

Finally, I have reached a stage where I have extracted the diff part successfully (only the text diff, not the visualizers).

I would like to post the code somewhere and also make this available as a maven artifact.

I do not know where or how to do this. Please let me know.

I can explain what I have done and have some questions too. Also, if someone can review, that would be great too (I can post the code to my Github account for review).


Thanks,
Ranga.



Back to top
kmranganathan



Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Etracting Diff API as a Separate Project Reply with quote

Oops! Was not aware of this.

What I have done is much smaller subset of this. Just text diff - basically uses the BuiltInDiffProvider and CmdLineDiffprovider along with Hunk, HuntDiff and UnifiedDiff classes.

However, I have not used any 'org.openide' stuff - can be used just along with JDK...
Back to top
Ernie Rael
Posted via mailing list.





PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Etracting Diff API as a Separate Project Reply with quote

On 5/24/2015 6:03 AM, kmranganathan wrote:
Quote:
Oops! Was not aware of this.

What I have done is much smaller subset of this. Just text diff - basically uses the BuiltInDiffProvider and CmdLineDiffprovider along with Hunk, HuntDiff and UnifiedDiff classes.

However, I have not used any 'org.openide' stuff - can be used just along with JDK...
In case its not clear, the "'org.openide' stuff" is a jar file (not an
nbm) and can be used with any standalone app. Look in
<nb-install-dir>/platform/lib/

-ernie
Quote:





Back to top
kmranganathan



Joined: 10 Dec 2011
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Etracting Diff API as a Separate Project Reply with quote

Ernie Rael wrote:

In case its not clear, the "'org.openide' stuff" is a jar file (not an
nbm) and can be used with any standalone app. Look in
<nb-install-dir>/platform/lib/

-ernie


Oh ok, I was not aware of this.

However, I still think this can be used as a pure text diff jar.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Platform Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB
By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo