NetBeans Forums

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  

Nb 8.2RC "The type of DialogDescriptor .... is erroneous" - and a solution

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Platform Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bruehlicke



Joined: 18 Sep 2009
Posts: 201
Location: Houston

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:32 am    Post subject: Nb 8.2RC "The type of DialogDescriptor .... is erroneous" - and a solution Reply with quote

After updating to 8.2RC and porting an older module I got the error in NetBeans that "The type of DialogDescriptor ... is erroneous"

I see numerous similar issues with older versions (https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=252729) or (https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=244749). None of the suggested solution was the core of the issue.

I have attached a small freshly made Netbeans Platform app with one module called "module" which as a "MyTopComponent" which opens a Dialog (line 94).

Solution/Fix: Adding "Utilities API" to the dependencies.

Question: I see this is done automatically for a new module created but this is a port and how would a humble programmer ever find that he/she needs to add Utilities API ? I was just lucky that another moduel using similar code had this added and did not have the error, hence I found out.

This is not a show stopper at all, but if anyone can explain why and what this NetBeans error means that would be great.

Bests and thanx for the 8.2RC ! Looking good so far.



erroneous.zip
 Description:
NetBeans Platform app created with wizard, containing one module openign a Dialog. If you add "Utilities API" to teh dependency of the "module" it will make the error message go away.

Download
 Filename:  erroneous.zip
 Filesize:  14.61 KB
 Downloaded:  76 Time(s)

Back to top
chhh



Joined: 27 May 2013
Posts: 72

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject: Nb 8.2RC "The type of DialogDescriptor .... is erroneous" - and a solution Reply with quote

I guess this was a thing since 8.1?
On Sep 20, 2016 22:33, "bruehlicke" <address-removed ([email]address-removed[/email])> wrote:
Quote:
After updating to 8.2RC and porting an older module I got the error in NetBeans that "The type of DialogDescriptor ... is erroneous"

I see numerous similar issues with older versions (https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=252729) or (https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=244749). None of the suggested solution was the core of the issue.

I have attached a small freshly made Netbeans Platform app with one module called "module" which as a "MyTopComponent" which opens a Dialog (line 94).

Solution/Fix:  Adding "Utilities API" to the dependencies.

Question:  I see this is done automatically for a new module created but this is a port and how would a humble programmer ever find that he/she needs to add Utilities API ? I was just lucky that another moduel using similar code had this added and did not have the error, hence I found out.

This is not a show stopper at all, but if anyone can explain why and what this NetBeans error means that would be great.

Bests and thanx for the 8.2RC ! Looking good so far.




Attachments:
http://forums.netbeans.org//files/erroneous_141.zip

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NetBeans Forums -> NetBeans Platform Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB
By use of this website, you agree to the NetBeans Policies and Terms of Use. © 2012, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Sponsored by Oracle logo